Hello all,

After an extended hiatus, I've decided to start posting again. I attended the conference this past weekend here in NYC, and I have to say, next to the WOR I attended last spring, it was one of the best experiences of my life. I met so many wonderful people, made some very good contacts with survivors and people working with the community, and learned so much.

I have a lot to share with everyone, first and foremost, some of you know that I was given the opportunity to present myself this past weekend. I gave a talk called, "Ten Things Every Therapist Should Know About Survivors." It was very well received, and I am very grateful to the organizers of the conference for givening me the chance to stand up and speak out on behalf of all of us. I will be working on turning the talk into a paper and will post it here on the boards in the next few days.

For those who were not there this weekend, let me assure you that there are people out there who will listen to us. There are therapists out there who are sensitive, intelligent, and attuned to the specific needs of survivors. Though they are few and far between it seems, their numbers are growing as the information we shared this past weekend continues to filter out into the world. Don't ever give up yoru search for the help you need.

I cannot thank or recognize enough everyone who participated, attended, and/or organized this wonderful weekend.

"I am not a mechanism, an assembly of various sections.
And it is not because the mechanism is working wrongly, that I am ill.
I am ill because of wounds to the soul, to the deep emotional self...."
Healing D.H. Lawrence