Interesting topic to be sure...........

And, in Eddie's example above it was not considered a sin to sleep with your dead brother's wife even tho you are not married to her. Now there's something that seemingly goes directly against other counsel given in the Scriptures.

From that example we see that as humans we have a tendency to pick and choose what passages in the Bible are to be strictly adhered to and which ones don't really matter so much. With that in mind I'm gonna chime in and agree with Mark and Eddie. If I'm busy wanking away over my neighbor's wife, it may not be a good idea. Reason being is I've noticed that when I do such things I find actions are often close behind and those actions can lead to the destruction of families. Not so great.

On the other hand if I'm simply enjoying my own body.... I don't see the problem.

One other thing.

In the passage Andy quoted I've always felt that was Paul speaking to couples telling them that they need to quit "burning with passion" and get married already. It never dawned on me that he was talking about "M". I don't believe he is, but perhaps I'm wrong.