TW,

I've been really restricted in the time I have been able to get onto the site for the past week or so, so I haven't seen that other post you talk about. I will have a look at it tomorrow once I am back in the UK.

But I did want to speak to you personally and assure you that everything I am saying to Jesse applies to you as well. It took incredible strength for you to confront your father but at the same time open the possibility of reconciliation with him.

His decision to reject your offer doesn't surprise me, though. Abusers are bullies and cowards who pick on those smaller and weaker than they are. Now that you are no longer small or weak he can see he's in deep shit, so he takes the coward's way out - denying everything.

Just remember that this reflects on him, not you. You deserved to have your offer considered and appreciated, just as you deserved to haven a real and loving father. The fact that it hasn't worked out this way doesn't make you a terrible person and never will.

Don't worry about the cursing, bro. When you need to let it all hang out, this is the place to do it. ;\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)