Dear Alan:

Thank you for the interest you have expressed in the PC Technician position at mmpc. We have carefully reviewed your qualifications. However, at this time we have filled the position with a candidate whose qualifications will best meet our needs. We will keep your application on file for 90 days and you will be contacted if we are interested in discussing employment opportunities further. We appreciate your interest in mmpc and wish you the best of luck in your future employment endeavors.

Sincerely, Hiring Manager

Jesus Christ, why do they word it like this? Why donít they just SAY what happened, like this:

Weíve noticed that youíre interested in being able to pay your bills, save for retirement, and provide for a family. However, I have a 2ond cousin who needs a job, and although he doesnít know SHIT about how to even slave an optical drive, Iíve decided to give the job to him even though you could do the job just as well if not better. I do not wish you well in your future endeavors and frankly, I donít give a shit about you.

Sincerely, Hiring Manager