Back in the early 60's in New Orleans where I grew up, it seems like there was a subculture where CSA was practiced regularly. In retrospect, it seems like it was pretty pervasive. It's as though the general social attitude was "as long as you don't do MY kids, it's none of my business." These days, even the suspicion of CSA brings the whole world crashing down on the head of the abuser. Back then, when abusers were caught, often it was just swept under the rug and never talked about. At least, not in front of the kids (like me).

I know for a fact that there was a man we called "Uncle Jim" who lived just down the street from us, and who actually had a "playroom" in his barn where he would abuse young girls. One of my sisters was repeatedly abused by this man, and my other sister probably was too, although she remembers nothing. Eventually he was found out and his barn mysteriously burned down, and he moved shortly thereafter never to be heard of again. But I suspect he just moved his shop to a new location.

I was never part of this abuse (I guess he didn't like boys, thank God) but I was abused by 4 different people with no apparent connection to each other.

This makes me wonder just how widespread unreported, unpunished and un-stopped CSA was back then?

I'm certainly glad that this is not tolerated anymore. Does anyone else have similar suspicions or evidence of widespread, organized sexual abuse back in the 60's? If I could prove this (even if just to myself) it would answer a lot of questions.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Lazarus