Hi everyone,

So an idea came up at the retreat this past weekend for a "open mic" night at the october conference. There were so many people sharing so many wonderful talents that it seemed only natural that we try to incorporate it into the conference in October. I spoke to Tony who was a facilitator at the weekend in Napa and he was very supportive of the idea.

My plan is to have anywhere from 6 to 10 short preformances of any variety. First come, first serve for the slots. Performers will each have a maximum of 5 minutes to perform whatever they want (dance, sing, read, whatevah!). After which there will be a 5 minute period for feedback from the audience. This second part is, I feel, the most critical because it will give survivors an opportunity not just to be heard, but openly acknowledged, supported, and praised for their work.

So peanut gallery... what's the word? You want to give this thing a shot? I'm willing to handle most of the organization (gulp!), but I need to know if there are enough guys who would be willing to take part.

You can PM me or reply in the thread.

Thanks!

PS This is not an official call for submissions or sign ups. That will come later, right now I'm just testing the waters to see if there's interest.

Edited by tartugas (03/07/07 01:07 AM)
Healing D.H. Lawrence