I've been away from this site for a while now and just came back - though not realizing that I'm actually raging inside, this day - don't even know if this is the right place for this post - but here goes.

A couple of weeks ago upon returning from a vacation to Florida (back to the great white north of 5 degree weather here in Western NY) I needed an emergency appointment w/my Dr because I pretty much knew that my sore throat was probably Strep Throat as I had been in a lot of pain the last 3 days of my vacation.

So while I'm sitting there trying to talk and not swallow and just be with the slightest of movement, waiting for the test result, the nurse begins a somewhat odd one-sided conversation about how much God really loves me and cares for me. (FYI: this Dr's practice is known in the community as being a "Born-Again" practice, which I embraced more than 13 yrs ago - but which left me battered and bleeding psychologically (Clergy Survivor/Gay Survivor) so I set out on my own path spiritually - but didn't change Dr's because - hey, I've been a patient for more than 15 years and its a familiar place to go - they at least seem to know my name).

I get this really uncomfortable feeling like - I didn't ask for this conversation - and I'm in too much pain for this right now and it's hard to swallow so if I listen it'll be over soon. I at least challenged her by asking "why is this coming up at this time" - and I don't actually remember her response - but soon it was over, the test came back positive, the NP gave me the per>