Ya know, I must've missed the "vehicle" posrtion of the "Y" chromasome, because cars really don't jazz me all that much! \:D

Movies, now, aye, THERE'S a subject that get's me blood revving!

Sure, I could go the the "Books & Movies" board, but what if you just want to find a good escape, or just some fine cinematic entertainment?

Well, friends, you've come to the RIGHT place!

So, in no particular order, my list of Best Movies of All Time (subject to change according to my mood :p )

Doctor Zhivago (the FIRST one!) - Simply the best. Plus, Omar Sharif rocks! Yes he does!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Got into a debate with Brian Z, but the funniest movie ever!

Die Hard - The standard by which ALL action movies will be measured by!

Schindler's List - A hard film, but a well-told story about a flawed man who lived up to the Talmudic quote, "He who saves one life, saves the world entire."

The Green Mile - Good movie. 'Nuff said.

Spider-Man/X-men (tie) - Ditto. (Kudos to Stan "the Man" Lee for 'Nuff said!")

National Lampoon's Animal House - The funniest AMERICAN movie ever made!

Caddyshack - Close second!

There's Something About Mary - Close third!

Psycho (the FIRST one) - Still scary after all these years. plus Norman Bates rocks! Yes, he does!

Silence of the Lambs - But Hannibal Lecter scares hell out of ANYBODY! Even Norman I think would agree! Plus, good acting (Jodie Foster ROCKS in it) and fine direction.

Double Indemnity - Classic film noir. Shows that Fred McMurray can play grown-up roles.

The Usual Suspects - Can ANYONE see this title and NOT think, "who is Keyser Soze?"

Daredevil - Shows what a real-life street superhero's life might be like, and it ain't pretty (except for Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner).

Superman - The one that started superhero movies. Even today, you will STILL believe a man can fly!

Batman - The Dark Knight done RIGHT! And by Michael Keaton!

Star Wars - Lucas needs to watch this again so he doesn't screw up his OWN creation! Sci-Fi space opera done right!

Blade Runner - Either version still holds up. The definitive cyberpunk/noir movie.

Raiders of the Lost Arc - Can NEVER be topped.

Okay, I'll stop for now.

Any arguments?

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com