Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445423 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#469313 - 08/24/14 09:58 AM Re: New guy [Re: Frm73]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Frm73 -

sorry to hear about the panic attacks and bad dreams. those increased for me when i first started dealing with all the memories connected to the abuse. i am glad to say that as i dealt with them, the scary symptoms decreased in frequency and severity. it may mean that you need to avoid the distractions for a while and face it head on. i found MS a good substitute for some of my distraction tactics. so don't quit - keep on pushing through. it may get a bit worse for a while - but will eventually get better.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#469345 - 08/25/14 01:38 PM Re: New guy [Re: Frm73]
Seekingwisdom Offline

First welcome Frm73 I'm also fairly new to the site and have only shared little but I can tell you I feel better knowing that I'm on a path of healing and hope and this site is a big part of it as I read to gain wisdom from others here and knowing I'm not alone as I thought I was and that my shame and guilt about what I went through some 45+ years is ago is not mine to own and run from but to understand it.

Second when I started to open up about my abuse I too started to have more and more dreams and nightmares but I realize for me it's part of my process or path to be one more whole and go back deep into my pass to save this little child of a boy that was left behind by me because this boy had pain, guilt, shame, loneliness that I wanted nothing to do with. I'm happy to say that this path/process gives me hope but it is so painful full of tears stay on track I don't want to discourage you but encourage you to continue and may you find peace and wisdom here I have. smile

#470457 - 09/25/14 03:51 PM Re: New guy [Re: Frm73]
Bardo Offline

Frm73,
I am new here too. The more I read, the more I am beginning to understand the breadth and depth of the damage that was done to me. Keep reading, and post when you feel able. I will be reading, and your hard work may get me to the point where I can share my own story sometime. Thanks for the great example!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.