Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#468622 - 08/07/14 02:47 AM Re: Need to vent [Re: BDD]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Dear BDD, txb, Sven, dark_empathy, Chase_Eric, Bluedogone,

something to balance out this news article.
a news article that addresses this issue directly.
i post it here in hopes that it will give you some encouragement and consolation.

"A new study reveals that men are often the victims of sexual assault, and women are often the perpetrators.
The National Crime Victimization Survey turned up a remarkable statistic.
In asking 40,000 households about rape and sexual violence, the survey uncovered that 38% of incidents were against men.
"

found it here:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...4817#Post464817

the survey can be found here:
Data Collection: Bureau of Justice Statistics National Crime Victimization Survey http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=dcdetail&iid=245

at least some people out there are fully aware.

"We assessed 12-month prevalence and incidence data on sexual victimization in 5 federal surveys that the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted independently in 2010 through 2012. We used these data to examine the prevailing assumption that men rarely experience sexual victimization. We concluded that federal surveys detect a high prevalence of sexual victimization among men—in many circumstances similar to the prevalence found among women. We identified factors that perpetuate misperceptions about men’s sexual victimization: reliance on traditional gender stereotypes, outdated and inconsistent definitions, and methodological sampling biases that exclude inmates. We recommend changes that move beyond regressive gender assumptions, which can harm both women and men."

from… The Sexual Victimization of Men in America: New Data Challenge Old Assumptions
an abstract written by Lara Stemple, JD, and Ilan H. Meyer, PhD
published in the American Journal of Public Health:
June 2014, Vol. 104, No. 6, pp. e19-e26.
doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2014.301946

Lara Stemple is with the Health and Human Rights Law Project, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law.
Ilan H. Meyer is with the Williams Institute for Sexual Orientation Law and Public Policy, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law.

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.2014.301946

War
Love
Poetry

#468931 - 08/14/14 06:14 PM Re: vented [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

i have received an official reply...

---------------

Thank you for your e-mails of August 6 and 7. I took them in the spirit in which I think that you sent them. You are pleased with the child sexual exploitation work that we do, but were concerned that the article seemed to focus solely upon the sexual abuse of female children.

First, the article dealt with AUSA Morgan’s recent success in the prosecution of a pimp who had female prostitutes. This is merely one aspect of the child exploitation work that this office does. I will say more about that below. Ms. Morgan began the child prostitution program here in 2009 by herself. She has convinced the FBI of the seriousness of the violation and they now have squad that specializes in these cases. In the past, prosecution focused upon the prostitutes, and sometimes the “johns.” Pimps escaped without any harm. Ms. Morgan has turned what was a set of upside down priorities back to where they should be. We now focus on those who abuse the prostitutes and profit from them.

Thus far, what we have seen has been female prostitution. We are aware that there are male prostitutes, but we have not seen anything like the industry for women or websites such as Backpage and Craig’s List that serve as their advertising sites. If you or anyone else on the website knows of similar boards for male prostitution or have any information about male prostitution rings, please let us know. To constitute a federal crime, the person running the business, must either use children under the age of 18, or use threats, coercion, force, or fraud to keep the prostitutes in

Outside the area of prostitution, we have prosecuted numerous defendants for the sexual abuse of boys. The list includes the following (the sentences are in parentheses) Mark Bianchi (25 years), Kenneth Schneider (15 years), John Angell (35 years), Steven Mazer (60 years). In addition, four defendants, who sexually abused boys, are scheduled for trial this fall: Jason Becktold, Christopher Steele, Matthew Krapf, and Mark Wilczopolski.

Because of our work, we are painfully aware of the harm that the abuse of young children and adolescents does to these victims. The sense of shame, the inability to form lasting intimate relationships, and depression are just some of the harms that we see in the victims with whom we have dealt. The work is emotionally draining, but we are committed to doing it, because we know how important it is. We know that the removal of a child predator not only punishes him and provides some vindication to his victims, it also saves many others from his predatory conduct.

Thank you for your support.

Michael L. Levy

Chief, Computer Crimes

U.S. Attorney's Office

Eastern District of Pennsylvania

War
Love
Poetry

#469287 - 08/23/14 12:18 AM Re: Need to vent [Re: BDD]
victor-victim Offline

according to a documentary by A&E Investigative Reports
entitled "Child Sex Trade" which was produced back in a
the year 2000 says that "A young girl could earn much more money for a pimp than an older woman and the same rule applies to young men, who make up the majority of teens in prostitution."

the number is greater than 51% according to the producers of this television documentary.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.