Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64015 Topics
446761 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467388 - 07/08/14 12:40 PM Trust
PhoenixRising Offline
MaleSurvivor

Been struggling lately with a new level of trust, or lack of. In the past year, I became underemployed and basically make enough to cover costs; and thats about it. People do reach out to me now and then; but I have such a great difficulty feeling the acceptance.
I get triggered easily. And of course, some people do act like assholes, and I find that common, that I allow myself to be undervalued, and in that feel worthless. As if I have done something so wrong that I could never be of value to anyone, and so indeed I make myself have no value.
When I have spoken up, say to family, there is a casual shunning, and it deeply pains me.
So, Im trying to learn baby steps of trust. I think before there always more of a net. Now I feel there is very little. Sometimes I feel I am actually getting closer to a resolution, others just feel like Im in a muck.

#467407 - 07/08/14 08:17 PM Re: Trust [Re: PhoenixRising]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi PhoenixRising,

For me, the only important level of trust I need is within myself. If I am able to trust myself, it means my ability to perceive what is outside myself is intact and reality based and I'm able to make healthy choices for myself. Of course, at 65 that is still a work in progress for me. HOWEVER, finally figuring that out was a very important shift for me. Before that, all my conversations were about trusting others, and I missed the part that is was ME who I had to be able to trust.

Sending you love and good will,

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#467419 - 07/09/14 12:17 PM Re: Trust [Re: PhoenixRising]
justplainme Offline

The serious apathy that engulfs mankind now a day's is the source of all this paranoia in trusting one another. A huge part of the time it's not your fault i'd say, the time we are living in are seriously the worst man kind has seen. Trust yourself the rest will come of its own accord. My best.

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#467420 - 07/09/14 12:54 PM Re: Trust [Re: PhoenixRising]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I'm learning to put my trust in believing in the forces of life and evolution. While things may seem bleak today, by historical standards, we're far more civilized and less warfaring than in times of the past.

The forces of life and evolution have humanity on a trajectory towards increasing self awareness, awareness of the world, each other, and of space. We're still evolving; a work in progress. But the sometimes erratic trajectory points towards vibrance.

That is something I can trust.

#467421 - 07/09/14 01:37 PM Re: Trust [Re: Magellan]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: Magellan
I'm learning to put my trust in believing in the forces of life and evolution. While things may seem bleak today, by historical standards, we're far more civilized and less warfaring than in times of the past.

The forces of life and evolution have humanity on a trajectory towards increasing self awareness, awareness of the world, each other, and of space. We're still evolving; a work in progress. But the sometimes erratic trajectory points towards vibrance.

That is something I can trust.

well said.

#467631 - 07/15/14 12:31 PM Re: Trust [Re: PhoenixRising]
zip14 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have a very hard time trusting anybody. The only person I trust right now is my partner who was by chance also a victim of sexual abuse when she was eight.

In some ways, reporting to Police has only made things worse. I can relate to the comment regarding "casual shunning". Since reporting this has been the case in my family. I am sure it is not intentional but I just think the whole thing is just too uncomfortable for people to deal with.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.