Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (ShortedDiode), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445420 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467378 - 07/08/14 05:32 AM 100s of boys suffered abuse at australia navy base
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: one foot out the door
Quote:
Sydney (AFP) - Hundreds of teenage boys suffered brutal physical and sexual abuse at an Australian naval base, a taskforce said Wednesday, as it slammed the Defence Force for failing to protect them.

The Defence Abuse Response Taskforce said the shocking and systemic treatment at HMAS Leeuwin between 1960 and 1984 was "much more serious and widespread" than previously acknowledged.

"The pattern of abuse at HMAS Leeuwin was such that Defence knew or ought to have known that abuse was occurring, yet failed to take appropriate action to stop it," said the taskforce head, retired judge Len Roberts-Smith.

FULL ARTICLE IS GRAPHIC AT POINTS. TRIGGER WARNING.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/...australia-base/

#468362 - 08/01/14 10:45 PM Re: 100s of boys suffered abuse at australia navy base [Re: Jacob S]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
Thank you for sharing this story. I really hope that the victims may receive the help that they need (it is never too late!) and that the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse will make some serious changes in Australia. It is so outrageous that it has taken so long for the abuse committed at HMAS Leeuwin to receive public acknowledgement. How institutional sexual abuse can be so widely accepted and even encouraged in an institution's ranks boggles my mind and makes me so upset!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.