Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448046 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#466743 - 06/18/14 11:09 AM X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
From a news source: Before It's News, dated Tuesday, May 6, 2014

below, Michael Egan, age 17, plaintiff in suit against Bryan Singer

http://beforeitsnews.com/power-elite/201...oy-2445628.html

Originally Posted By: Michael Egan in Before It's News

According to plaintiff Michael Egan, who was an aspiring actor and model, the abuse started in 1998 when he was lured to the M & C Estate, a California mansion known for its “notorious” parties. In these sex-and-drugs parties, adult males preyed on young boys who were lured in with promises of making it in show-business. Singer reportedly told Egan at one such party that:

“the adults who resided in or frequented the M & C Estate controlled Hollywood and could decide whether Plaintiff’s career aspirations and hopes would be realized”.

Originally Posted By: Michael Egan

“Immediately the brainwashing began. They would sit me in a room and tell you that you were gay, which I wasn’t, that I had to keep the group happy. They constantly pushed you. The threats began immediately. They said that if we didn’t keep them happy, harm would come to ourselves and our families. There were threats of weapons. We were told we would be eliminated, our career chances would be destroyed. It was a living hell.”

At the house, it was drugs put in drinks. Liquor poured down my throat. Rules in the house: No swimsuits, no clothes out by the pool area. I was raped numerous times in that house. Various types of sexual abuse. You were like a piece of meat to these people. They’d pass you around between them.… If I could define what that house was, it’s evil.”

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (06/19/14 12:18 PM)

#466744 - 06/18/14 11:30 AM Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Michael Egan tells of abuse in The Daily Beast

(This is a continuation of the previous post on Michael Egan vs. Bryan Singer, but explores the story in a different publication, The Daily Beast.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...aily-beast.html

Originally Posted By: Michael Egan in The Daily Beast

Michael Egan III, the 31-year-old man accusing X-Men director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him as a teenager, says he considered committing suicide as he struggled to come to terms with what he alleges happened to him.

Originally Posted By: The Daily Beast

Egan was speaking as his lawyer, Jeff Herman, launched a civil case against Singer alleging in court documents that the 48-year-old director “manipulated his power, wealth, and position in the entertainment industry to sexually abuse and exploit the underage plaintiff through the use of drugs, alcohol, threats, and inducements which resulted in the plaintiff suffering catastrophic psychological and emotional injuries.”

Originally Posted By: The Daily Beast

The civil suit goes into explicit detail about what Egan claims he allegedly suffered at Singer’s hands, including anal rape and forced oral sex. According to the suit, if Egan refused any of Singer’s demands, Egan claimed that Singer said he would tell Collins-Rector, who Egan was terrified would carry out his threats to harm him and/or his family. In his suit, Egan claims Singer told him “This group,” meaning the men at the Encino house, “controlled” Hollywood.

Originally Posted By: Marty Singer through his counsel

In a statement, Marty Singer, Bryan Singer’s lawyer, said: “The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit.

Originally Posted By: Herman (Egar's lawyer)

Herman said, and since then his investigative team has been “carrying out due diligence in half a dozen states,” interviewing witnesses and looking through documents. Egan’s other abusers would be named as defendants in another lawsuit in the next few days, Herman told The Daily Beast.

Originally Posted By: Michael Egan in Daily Beast

Egan said his mother had reported the alleged incidents to the Los Angeles Police Department in 1999, but “it basically fell on deaf ears.”

Puffer

#466770 - 06/19/14 01:41 AM Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse [Re: pufferfish]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
There had to have been others besides Egan. I think it's sad no one else came forward to back him up and collaborate his illegations. It is sad. I think it is wrong. Michael needs their help and support more than ever. I will never see a Bryan Singer movie again.

#466863 - 06/21/14 09:28 AM Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse [Re: GentleSoul]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Notice that this topic was not picked up by major newspapers or broadcasting networks. Does this strike anybody as strange?

Others are mentioned in the post on the two Coreys. Corey Feldman's book is reviewed here:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...6829#Post466829

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (06/21/14 09:31 AM)

#469260 - 08/22/14 10:55 AM Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse [Re: pufferfish]
Ocellaris Offline

Loc: New York
As a follow up to the Bryan Singer case, we have another survivor who can't find justice in the legal system. I feel for Michael Egan. If anyone wonders why so few survivors every report their abuse, it's because of outcomes like this one:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28892637

#469605 - 09/02/14 01:43 PM Re: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of abuse [Re: Ocellaris]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: Ocellaris
As a follow up to the Bryan Singer case, we have another survivor who can't find justice in the legal system. I feel for Michael Egan. If anyone wonders why so few survivors every report their abuse, it's because of outcomes like this one:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28892637

I always stop breathing well when reading something like this. Its all so bloody hopeless.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.