Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (crabbott, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#466450 - 06/10/14 02:25 PM Pretty amazing T session last evening...
tomboulder Offline

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
My therapist combines art with talk therapy, and it's actually pretty amazing. I don't like to draw during our sessions because I can't draw for shit, but almost every time I do, something important comes out of it, and sometimes I don't like that either. Last evening, he asked me to draw the 7 year old who is still sharing my body. I have a photo of myself at that age, so I thought that is what I would probably "try" to draw, but instead, I drew a picture that more resembled a holocaust survivor, just super skinny, pathetic and filthy. I had to tell the story of this kid, and I said that he had been locked in a closet for years with no one taking care of him. He had been abandoned just like me after the abuse. About that time, the session was over, but my T said he wanted to ask me one more question: he sad, "Are you crying?" You see, it's very hard to tell when I'm crying. I said, "yes", and then the tears really started to flow. He sat with me for another 15 minutes, then gave me a big hug and let me go. On the drive home, my stomach hurt, and I finally figured out why - it felt like I'd just had surgery and the stitches were pulling. I went to bed about an hour later and immediately fell asleep. That never happens - I usually toss and turn for an hour or two.

#466452 - 06/10/14 02:31 PM Re: Pretty amazing T session last evening... [Re: tomboulder]
NoSimpleMachine Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
That sounds wonderful. Really glad you made a fresh connection that deepens your understanding. Every one of those steps will bring you more empowerment, more understanding, and more peace smile
What good is it to sing Helplessness Blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

#466453 - 06/10/14 03:31 PM Re: Pretty amazing T session last evening... [Re: tomboulder]
Robert1000 Offline

Wow. Way to go. Keep healing!

#466500 - 06/11/14 08:12 PM Re: Pretty amazing T session last evening... [Re: tomboulder]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Great share about your recovery process in therapy. Good to read.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.