Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442050 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#463058 - 03/24/14 03:44 AM Narratives of Renegotiation Resilient MaleSurvivor
justplainme Offline

Nice article on how the abuse has motivated others to seek out new paradigms of being, what does not kill you only makes you stronger. The cliche is true my friends.

Containing and Resisting Masculinity: Narratives of Renegotiation Among Resilient Male Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse

http://www.traumacenter.org/products/pdf_files/masculinity.pdf

On a sidenote, i hope all you are catering to your recovery, doing your best and giving yourself time.
My best to all.
Blessings be bestowed upon your ails.

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#463130 - 03/25/14 01:28 PM Re: Narratives of Renegotiation Resilient MaleSurvivor [Re: justplainme]
jas4159 Offline

very good article, thank you for posting.

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.