Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (Thebo, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63394 Topics
443242 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463064 - 03/24/14 07:06 AM Re: Lonely by association [Re: mattheal]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Matt,

KMCINVA's "Step away from those that do not make you feel safe." brings up a major issue for me. My mother was one of my abusers, and I felt very unsafe with her. However, I was also an infant and toddler totally dependent on her. What got written into my identity was that if I don't stay with abusive people, I will die. It has taken nearly 64 years for me to unravel that program. I have only done it in the last year. I haven't gone back out yet, but feel the possibility growing. There was a very toxic and abusive situation with the music program at a church I attended. I involved myself 3 different times over a 5 hear period. Each time was just like my family of origin. The decision makers were not able to see me or to value me, and my only value to them was in what I could provide for them. Anything I said, asked for, went in one ear and out the other. And each time I worked so hard and gave so much.

Each time I participated grew shorter and shorter, and finally I have come to understand my part in all of it, and realize it is me who has to change, not them. So, I now know that I will not go back to that church. A first. I don't have to or choose to remain with people who are not able to be nice to me. "Step away from those that do not make you feel safe." It has taken 64 years for me to get it, but I finally do and am very grateful. The possibility exists now for me to participate in life in ways that are meaningful and satisfying for me. I don't intend to race out the door prematurely, but my antennae are up for when the time is right.

Sending you lots of support for finding your own answers.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#463132 - 03/25/14 01:36 PM Re: Lonely by association [Re: mattheal]
jas4159 Offline

my abuser was a predators predator. he targeted lonely boys like myself and he was a master at it. these people are sick.

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.