Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443048 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463330 - 03/28/14 04:41 PM Re: Phase Two [Re: Suwanee]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Update:

My dad and I are taking an overnight backpacking trip in April. He actually agreed to go and not complain about the rustic accommodations in my ragged Marmot tent. He will not complain about gaining 2,000 feet in elevation in a short period of time. He will not complain about a dinner of red beans and rice in a tortilla shell. He will not complain about an oatmeal and dried fruit breakfast. He will not complain about the taste of the water from the Nalgene bottle. He will piss in the woods and remember what it is like to be free of the yoke of the regular world.

Welcome to my second world, Dad. Afterward, I will deliver you safely home so you can watch the final round of the Masters golf tournament on TV.

Gotta love it.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#463337 - 03/28/14 06:26 PM Re: Phase Two [Re: Suwanee]
Dave PNW Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Bravo Will. I know your dad wasn't around much when you were a boy and there is a part of you that still needs him to really know you. How fortunate for both of you that you are able to do this. We can't undo the past, but we do have the chance each day to dare to do those things that build relationships and foster connections. These are the things that mend us. The steps forward that make the big difference in life.

So often our parents never really know the men we become. I don't have that option with my father anymore and I accept that this probably would not have ever been possible, but it gladdens my heart to know that you are able to do this. And it reminds me that it's never too late to reach out to those still in our lives and open up and let them know us. I am working on that. Wish you both a good hike.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.