Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, petercorbett, DaiseyLady, takingitslow, myrlin, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448046 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#461781 - 02/28/14 11:24 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Your therapist seems to have over-stepped the client- therapist boundaries by seemingly insisting your sexuality is not what YOU know it to be. I wonder if he is one of those therapist that associate CSA with gay tendencies? A former therapist I saw for a few months (much too long) repeatedly said that he believed there was some enjoyment for the child in such abusive relationships.

Also to tell you that you are not "normal" is just wrong. It is "black magic". It is a negative description of yourself that you will carry for a while, made by a man who has seen you how many times? Three. That's three times 45 minutes. And his job right now is to be building you up, not telling you how abnormal you are!!

My suggestion is to find a different therapist ASAP. Based on my experience, the longer you stay, the more you will be harmed. Your INTUITION is telling you to find a new resource. Listen to it and follow what it says.

I wish you well with your journey and don't be discouraged. Continue to move toward healing.

#461785 - 03/01/14 02:23 AM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: forgive777
....I told him if he would rather me pay him cash he replied "aww how genours of you?????
WHAT%#@!?!!

Dear Forgive,

I rarely give direct advice. Only when its clear someone is in danger, and sadly, I believe you are. Whatever this man's motive is, he will only do you more harm if you stay with him. Please find a new therapist that will treat you with the respect you deserve. This guy is poison.

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#461793 - 03/01/14 11:27 AM Re: My therapist??? [Re: Canuck]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Originally Posted By: Canuck

Report his statements as best as you can recollect to your local (state) medical board as a complaint. Report what he said, how you responded, and that you felt uncomfortable with his comments.

At the very least, your complaint will be on record for whoever he eventually violates.

You do NOT OWE this person any kind of explanation or excuse. Simply cancel any follow-up appointments and move on.

Forgot to mention:

Also report this to your insurance company. While they may not take action, if they get more complaints (or already have some) they may take him off their provider list. In reality, this may accomplish more than contacting your medical board. (Although you should do BOTH.)

Also: if he calls back wanting explanation, simply tell him "please cease all contact."

#461796 - 03/01/14 12:40 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Forgive777/BertG777,

You're not confused, in fact you're spot-on that something is amiss in your therapist's practices. It's okay and it is perfectly fine (and wise) to keep trying different therapists until you find the right match for your style and your situation.

I am very PRO-therapy and I believe we have to choose our partners on this journey wisely and carefully. The guys in this thread are correct in that this therapist appears to be a very bad match for you.

Therapists are consultants we hire to navigate our journey through healing.

Do you know what steps to take to try out another therapist?

#461804 - 03/01/14 03:16 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
forgive777 Offline

Loc: california
What he said is iam very good looking to not be afraid of other people like males... telling me that iam going thru... some sort of protection.. that if he says that iam good looking and I got beautiful eyes I get protective!!! Dude!!! Should I report him????

#461809 - 03/01/14 03:56 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Think of it as "hiring a consultant." That gives you a healthy standard from which to measure.

Each session should equip you with tools (exercises), something to ponder, and homework.
As a patient of health services, there is a code of rights given to us here in California. You deserve the respect given any client/patient.

It may take some boldness and effort to find a better match; it depends on your present desire to change your life. It's perfectly acceptable to look for a new therapist if this one is not working out.

#461888 - 03/02/14 03:17 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
forgive777 Offline

Thank you yes! It impacted me all week but he's grooming I guess.. time to switch therapist...

#461920 - 03/02/14 09:24 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: forgive777]
standingstrong Offline

Loc: East Coast.. home of the best ...
Wow, that is so not cool that the party did that. I will say this when I felt ready to deal with my "past" I called my MD's office. Which really opened my eyes, because he looked into finding me the best who specialized in trauma. I didn't even know there was such a thing. It was a huge learning experience for me, because I have gone to ones who didn't have a background in trauma and it was a joke speaking with them. All they wanted to do was get me on meds etc. Which I learned SRI's are not for me. Hope that helps.

#462373 - 03/10/14 10:00 PM Re: My therapist??? [Re: newground]
forgive777 Offline

I still go back to read your post for support thanks gentlmen,,, Much needed uplift,,,, cheers...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.