Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (Dave PNW, Sojourn Survivor, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63839 Topics
445794 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#462718 - 03/16/14 01:43 PM Re: Characteristics Observed In Male Sexual Abuse Vict [Re: jas4159]
pete1973 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I too can so relate to these, well most of them. In therapy I am finding an understanding of my sexuality and coming to terms with who I am sexually regardless of how much or little influence the abuse had on my sexual interests. I truly believe in the root of my sexuality and that I am truly bisexual and this is not a bi-product of the monsters that abused me. The re-victimization that I was putting myself through as some kind of punishment because of the guilt I felt was a result of the monsters but every day I work on letting the child and teen in me grow up and let them control my sexuality and curiosities and that control they gain eliminates the control those monsters had on me for the past 29 years.
I must admit though that it is a bit of a new struggle controlling these new innocent interests and slowly letting them into my life as all of these supressed feelings and emotions can be overwhelming and I have caught myself at times getting over excited sexually and the horny teen in me wants to be reckless and expose himself sexually to other women, literally, and I must constantly remind myself that there is a time and a place for this and publicly is not one of them.
So many milestones were missed and it can be overwhelming trying to hit them all so suddenly, I am really glad I have my therapist and counselor to guide me through this new journey and of course my loving and caring wife. I am sure lucky to have her in my life and her blessing to openly explore my sexuality with men and women in a safe and controlled way.

#462828 - 03/18/14 08:44 PM Re: Characteristics Observed In Male Sexual Abuse Vict [Re: jas4159]
DrumRunner Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Thank you for posting this, Rich! And thank you justplainme for your reframed version.

#463135 - 03/25/14 01:42 PM Re: Characteristics Observed In Male Sexual Abuse Vict [Re: jas4159]
jas4159 Offline

your welcome drumrunner. and thank you all.

it has been an interesting post.

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.