Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (Banjo596, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#460227 - 02/06/14 05:38 PM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: enoughalready
I've read some introductions and already I'm struggling with the thought that some of these guys must be exaggerating or lying. Yet, I feel like vomIting. I don't know what to make of all this. Tears, tears and gut-wrenching pain. More later.

You know, I was struck so much by this. The first survivor forum I visited was run by a self-proclaimed survivor named "Tuggy" and ultimately he turned out to be a fake. So I always have a healthy dose of skepticism. But the story that hit me with the most incredulity, surprisingly enough, was my own. Until I came here, I never wrote it out. When I finally did, then read what I wrote, I was like - wow - really??? I think there is something magical about getting it in front of you and finally "seeing" it in that way for the first time. I never realized until I wrote out my intro just what an astoundingly awful mess of a situation I was in. And I navigated it all by myself and just kept the secrets and "dealt" with it - like so many here. Once I finally saw it, though, I found the ability to really begin to draw the connections - the dysfunctions I inherited directly from that period. Sharing has been a self-integrating experience.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#461584 - 02/26/14 07:45 PM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
Andrew3172 Offline

Hi I understand that you might think that about some of the posts .but all of us have gone through different experiences with being sa I know that what I experienced was different from what you have it is all bad what happened to us. I can't say that what I went through was worse than what you went through because I am not you man. But I agree there are some that are out to cause harm .I hope that you find some help here like I have and find peace for yourself man..

#461898 - 03/02/14 05:22 PM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
Adam A Gedman Offline

Loc: Canada
Enoughalready,

I am sorry for your reason to be here, but glad for you that you have taken this step.

It is hard to fathom the tragedies that we have all endured, I understand this feeling. Yet the stories at least initially, likely downplay the harm and effects. This is our curse.

If you are here you were harmed, and this applies to us all.

If this is too much for you right now, maybe try writing offline, where no one else can see.Ease into it if it is too much, eventually, when you can speak your truth, you'll likely find that the support and empathy you receive will bring on the healing we all so desperately need.

Welcome and take care

Formerly Adam A Gedman (AKA - A damAGed man)

But you can call me Kevin

Toronto Mini WoR - May 2014

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.