Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, pufferfish, YYZGIRL, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443014 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#460110 - 02/04/14 12:54 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: dark empathy]
justplainme Offline

Originally Posted By: dark empathy
I am genuinely sorry to everyone here. I certainly didn't intend to personally attack anyone, or indeed write anything that the mod team would need to remove.

I now very much see that my returning here was a mistake and my initial dead end decision was correct, since I feel I've gone as far as I can on this site and by personal discovery and contemplation, and just ended up frustrated and feeling as if I've got no where, however this is no justification for me to take my frustration out on those with different journies and circumstances.

I apprciate everyone's thoughts and effort,s and I am genuiney sorry.

I won't say you won't see me again, but unless I have anything in my journey I do promise I won't clog up this forum again.

I need your support as you need mine, so please do not leave my friend!

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#460111 - 02/04/14 12:59 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: justplainme]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
take a break if you must, DarkEmpathy,
but please don't give up.
come back when you feel comfortable, again.

War
Love
Poetry

#460112 - 02/04/14 01:13 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: justplainme]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
Please keep posting Dark. You have a quality that is very admirable. Your words remind me of when I go shopping for lumber to make a cabinet or something.

Unvarnished good cut of wood has a nice grain and simple beauty. No need to dress it up. It stands on its own.

#462566 - 03/13/14 10:00 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: justplainme]
jas4159 Offline

thank you for posting. this is helpful

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

#462672 - 03/15/14 01:36 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: justplainme]
jas4159 Offline

Hello Dark empathy,

Sounds like this one hit a cord with you. I am sorry for the distress this has caused you. I can't help but wonder if you are taking the tread too literally. sites like this are as much a sharing of information of all sorts. And you are right no one list defines anyone of us. I also disagree that some are too damaged to share in healthy adult relationships. We all have bad days and this does sound like you are having one. Who could fault you for that. I hope things get better for you. I hope you understand that we are not all in the same place as you and therefore it is totally cool to agree to disagree. I havn't met any self rightous members yet. And i too would have a lower tolerance for those types of threads. But this thread is just an exchange of information and nothing more. But triggers do come in all forms and i think we all understand were you are coming from.

Good luck and if you want to chat let me know.

rich

#462726 - 03/16/14 05:32 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: justplainme]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
I think it has been helpful for me to have great friends and role models in my life who embody and practice many of these healthy characteristics. In addition, they encourage me to practise them and believe in my ability to do so.

Keep working on it my friends and make these points a part of your day to day mindfulness when encountering thoughts, feelings, and actions relating to your sexuality. You had your first chance to develop a healthy introduction to sexuality stolen from you. However, that does NOT mean that you dont deserve to take your life into your own hands and afford yourself an opportunity to undo the damage and develop a healthy sexuality.

#463136 - 03/25/14 01:43 PM Re: Characteristics of Sexually healthy Adults [Re: justplainme]
jas4159 Offline

rich

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.