Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443456 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#459053 - 01/20/14 10:46 PM Female Victim of Teacher Rape Calls Teacher
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Pretty gutsy call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vv7q-MLTyQ

Article on it (spoiler alert-assistant principal a/k/a former teacher, has resigned as a result):

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/20/heres-...n-she-was-12/2/

#459076 - 01/21/14 08:44 AM Re: Female Victim of Teacher Rape Calls Teacher [Re: Disappointed]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I found this amazing and scary at the same time. I think about having a similar conversation, but also about it not being "enough" or satisfying.

Brave brave woman though to have the courage to make that call....I hope it brought her healing.

Thanks for the link.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#459080 - 01/21/14 09:23 AM Re: Female Victim of Teacher Rape Calls Teacher [Re: Disappointed]
Disappointed Offline

What I found most interesting, what the abuser admitted she didn't know she affected the woman for life.

Until I met someone that brought me here, I had read stories of abused children, but never heard any follow up. Didn't know they had problems for life.

So I found that very interesting.

#459081 - 01/21/14 09:26 AM Re: Female Victim of Teacher Rape Calls Teacher [Re: Disappointed]
Disappointed Offline

And also, yes, scary. The reaction from her abuser was somewhat civil and engaged. Not everyone would be that lucky. Soooo, in a sense, her posting was an example of a better result, and not what I think would be a typical result.

#459287 - 01/23/14 07:33 PM Re: Female Victim of Teacher Rape Calls Teacher [Re: Disappointed]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I found the video to be emotional, to say the least. It is well worth the time to watch. The young woman has begun her journey toward healing and reclaiming a part of what was stolen.

Her abuser was civil and engaged. That surprised me also. It also surprised me that the administrator did not ask for Jamie's last name when the girl identified herself as Jamie, although I am sure the older woman has been waiting for this call for many many years. It just seemed very odd, regardless.

I didn't find the older woman's civility to be out of character for an abuser when faced with the victim's questions. I also made a call to the man who used me when I was 14-17. I asked him similar questions as Jamie did. I told him how my life had been altered from what was to be a normal life and his role in what he stole from me. His reaction and voice tone was quite similar to the woman's we heard on the phone. The only difference was that he denied what had happened between us. And I reacted the same as Jamie…making certain he was aware of my disgust and anger.

The article questioned the video's authenticity and the validity of the topic. Do you know if law enforcement has confirmed ?

Thanks for sharing the links. I did actually tear up while listening to the conversation and feeling this girl's pain.

Edited by ThisMan (01/23/14 07:35 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling!

#459293 - 01/23/14 09:12 PM Re: Female Victim of Teacher Rape Calls Teacher [Re: Disappointed]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
It has now become national news.
second victim comes forward

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.