Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63435 Topics
443443 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#457135 - 12/20/13 05:20 PM Re: Victimhood? [Re: Jude]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Jude

In the set of "adult victim" the only thing that doesn't apply to me is "don't blame the perpetrator". If the second list of items is all that's needed to heal then I have a real long way to go and not enough time to do it in. Not very encouraging to say the least frown.

Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope
Jeff

#457162 - 12/21/13 12:31 AM Re: Victimhood? [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding. I hope you're not seriously discouraged. This is just one person's take on overcoming the victim role in our lives. That list IS daunting, but we all know that there is no single path to take in this process called recovery. You will find the way that works best for you.

Jude
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#457191 - 12/21/13 03:59 PM Re: Victimhood? [Re: Jude]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Jude,

Yeah the list is daunting. If I was able to get to a stage where I could be so bold and be in charge of the way I handle my recovery then I wouldn't have to be here. I've been hiding my past for so long and in such an extreme way that it will be hard to change course. Until 2-1/2 years ago nobody ever knew my past, never knew the schools I went to, absolutely nothing about me, I first told my wife only 2 years ago. She never even knew that I was in the USAF. Nothing before the age of 22 ever existed for anyone in my life. I never had close friends only acquaintances. So just trying to be that way I think is impossible for me. I've been hiding for the last 40 years with the last 2-1/2 years trying to change all that.

I don't blame anyone but myself for what went on for at least 9 years of my childhood. I understand that everyone has to find their own way of healing but the list sounds a little like "get over it". But in a way I think that the guy who came up with the list has a very positive attitude which is great.

Well I'll see what's further down the pike for me. This is a great thread, some really interesting posts so thanks for starting it. Take care of yourself smile.

Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope
Jeff

#457295 - 12/23/13 10:47 PM Re: Victimhood? [Re: Jude]
KevinMac Offline

Loc: Massachusettes
*Bump* "when we forget, we are bound to repeat"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.