Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#455669 - 11/30/13 11:56 PM Insomnia
Frustrated Offline

Rears it's ugly head. Damn nightmares are a pain in the ass

#455674 - 12/01/13 12:27 AM Re: Insomnia [Re: Frustrated]
Frustrated Offline

The monsters come out at night the demons follow close behind the dark shadows that stalk me come to life sleep is not an option. My csa is magnified at night. Darkness is the fuel that feeds my mind and keeps me frozen in time of a little boy being violated. Soon I will surrender to sleep and be haunted by the memories that my mind can not handle while awake. Peace is all I need that's all peace

#455675 - 12/01/13 12:39 AM Re: Insomnia [Re: Frustrated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think I've long been troubled by bad dreams. They were always kept hidden from my conscious mind. My mind would not allow itself to view what was going on in the dreams (in the dungeons of my mind). Is this hard to believe?

I think the curtain is being lowered. I'm awakening now with some recollection of the dream - events. These events are probably relating to abuse I experienced as a child. When that curtain finally lowers it will be painful but healing as I no longer have to hide that stuff.

Puffer

#455681 - 12/01/13 01:15 AM Re: Insomnia [Re: Frustrated]
Frustrated Offline

I agree Puffer

#455685 - 12/01/13 02:49 AM Re: Insomnia [Re: Frustrated]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
My dreams usually seem just crazy, and some are nightmares. I have learned that my dreams are my subconscious processing out painful and poisonous life events as efficiently as I am able to handle it. So, actually, my dreams are an enormous friend to me, even when they don't feel very friendly. It can take some time for me to figure them out sometimes. But, when I get stuck and I ask myself "How does this dream make me feel?", the answer to that generally gives me some information so I can go back into the dream and retrieve some nougats.

I'm sorry the dreams and memories are so challenging to deal with.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#455815 - 12/03/13 07:33 AM Re: Insomnia [Re: Frustrated]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Frustrated
The monsters come out at night the demons follow close behind the dark shadows that stalk me come to life sleep is not an option. My csa is magnified at night. Darkness is the fuel that feeds my mind and keeps me frozen in time of a little boy being violated. Soon I will surrender to sleep and be haunted by the memories that my mind can not handle while awake. Peace is all I need that's all peace

Perfect. Sorry it is you and sorry it is happening but perfect way to capture and express the nightly torment. I understand and relate to your post very well. I wake nearly every night between 3am and 5am - the hours between which he would take me from my bed, lead me to another room, violate me and return me - shaking quivering dying - back to my bed. And today decades later sleep is not rest, it is not peace.

Damned if you sleep. Damned if you don't - no amount of coffee is going to hide your sleep deficit. The night terrors are waiting for us again. Aside from a prescription for trazadone, my T suggests when I wake, breathe, remind myself 'now not then' and do not look at the clock.

Sorry you are awake but you are not alone.

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.