Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446788 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#452801 - 11/07/13 08:10 PM Re: here we go again [Re: newground]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Taking my toys, and heading home.

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:39 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#452868 - 11/08/13 09:26 AM Re: here we go again [Re: newground]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
The term "push" is not extreme when the client feels anxiety over an extended period of time, based on the continued suggestions of the therapist. If that is the case in this particular situation, it is excessive. If it's not, then the therapist is using this exercise to ween the client more into trusting others around them.

In my training as a therapist, I was instructed to go with the comfort level of the client. That is standard training during the first semester of grad school.

#453439 - 11/12/13 10:15 PM Re: here we go again [Re: newground]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
guys thanks for all the feed back as always. I did take her with me and he was surprised! I had made the commitment to bring her but he figured I would change my mind. and I think it went very well. not earth shattering but I was able to tell her that I don't think I understand intimacy. at least not in the way we were talking about it. I told them both I feel like I am on guard to some extent always and I try to watch all the time. I watch to be sure I'm doing the right thing, watch to be sure I didn't hurt feelings,didn't give myself away too much.it feels that there is only so close I can allow even for her, but I think maybe now I want that to change,at least a little. hey its a start.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.