Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
6 registered (aniceguy, OCN, lapchinj, Scott1962, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63650 Topics
444531 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452265 - 11/02/13 06:25 PM Been long time been alongtime beena longlonley..
willtobecomplete Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: IL
Hey All,

Calg here! Been a long time, just like the pun reference to the song lol! Just feeling grateful and inspired after a encouragement from fellow bros that randomly reached out to check in. God knows I needed it......Anyway I thought I would put this out there and see if there are any thoughts.

I was writing and words and comparisons were just pouring out of me,...I wrote about the thought of being a..."Man Island" Like the expression , "No man is an Island." Then I thought about being in a Man Cave on a deserted Island. BAM then I thought CAST AWAY! Like if you are a Man Island in your Man Cave,....you ultimately realize you are.... Cast Away.....and you are doing it to yourself because you are denying yourself the love and support you need to deal with everything that was done to and with you.

Then I thought you know I always liked and related to that movie it has a LOT of symbolism's that relate to our journey, Tom Hanks found himself in a circumstance that was not his fault, completely isolated in a man cave, granted in that state he did learn valuable survivor skills, but he ultimately realized he was a lonely boy with all these problems that he could have just shelved and just lived in denial in his happy place on the tropical island and exist all alone, but he risked everything and a great deal of struggle and hardship, risk, to break through the barriers, weather the storms, all with the ultimate goal of reclaiming his life back! WOW No wonder that seemingly BORING redundant movie was such a Huge HIT, it's just so symbolic of our dream struggle victory.

What do you think about any symbolism's? Details that relate that I am overlooking?

#452517 - 11/05/13 06:02 AM Re: Been long time been alongtime beena longlonley.. [Re: willtobecomplete]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Becoming attached to inanimate objects. Wilson wasn't it? The soccer ball? I relate more to transportation than to humans. I love a shiny, well tuned motorcycle and will spend hours cleaning and tinkering with it, whereas it is difficult to spend five minutes it seems with humans interacting. I have found it easier to navigate the back and forth of exchanging ideas without being terrified the other person will "float" away. It is getting easier.

Thanks for the great correlation here,
Sam

#452559 - 11/05/13 01:51 PM Re: Been long time been alongtime beena longlonley.. [Re: willtobecomplete]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
I agree that it was a boring redundant movie (if that was one of your points laugh )

The major take away for me was a realization that we can never prepare for a sudden and unexpected event that we have no control over. All we can do is deal with the situation as best we know how. And there's more capabilities inside of us than we would ever imagine until we are forced to bring them out and use them - even when faced with CSA tragedy.
Sam's observation that we can become too attached to inanimate objects is well stated. To me, Wilson was more memorable than any thing else about the movie, but thanks for highlighting the interesting symbolism this movie provides in the daily struggle with CSA.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.