Newest Members
SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42
12640 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beau (51), titan (39)
Who's Online
5 registered (GoodKiwi, 4 invisible), 7 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12640 Members
74 Forums
64913 Topics
453827 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#451539 - 10/28/13 09:30 AM God-forsaken
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
one of the passages in the Bible that speaks most powerfully to me and for me:

while nailed to the cross, Jesus cries out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Matthew 27:46

that is how i felt while the abuse was going on - not just during the relatively short (but seemingly endless) periods of time while the step-dad was beating me or manipulating my privates or mocking me, not just while the school and scout bullies were having their go at me, either singly or en mass - but every day when i woke up and discovered that i hadn't died in my sleep, every day when i had to go back to school and face the torment, every day when i had to walk home from school, every day when the step-dad came home from work, every sunday and wednesday when i had to go to church and hear about hell, every night when i was afraid to go to bed, terrified of going to sleep, dreaded not being able to sleep, every time i was lost in night terrors and bad dreams, or worse - awoke to find that they were true - for eight long years, from age 5 1/2 to 13 1/2.

ironically - that is one of the things that gives me the most comfort in the whole of my faith - Jesus knew what THAT felt like - being forsaken by God.

LEE

Edited by traveler (10/28/13 09:39 AM)
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho

#451613 - 10/28/13 06:33 PM Re: God-forsaken [Re: traveler]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Perfect illustration LEE...drawn in the ink of a child's pain and tears.

#451623 - 10/28/13 07:45 PM Re: God-forsaken [Re: traveler]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
in Aramaic... ‘Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?’ which is translated, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’”
(Mark 15:34; Matthew 27:46).

thank you for posting this intense scripture and your feelings.

wow.

it led me on a bible journey which ended at the prophetic psalm of sorrow and suffering.
heavy reading.

was jesus quoting psalm 22?
did psalm 22 foretell his death?

interesting.

PSALM 22

1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8 He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

source: PSALM 22 - KING JAMES VERSION

quite emotional.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.