Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (highflight, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63639 Topics
444467 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#451163 - 10/24/13 08:11 AM Re: distrusting the note from executive director [Re: healingheart]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
A healingheart, I remember you with happiness in my heart. Sharing the abuse and the life avoiding it created within us is a way to deal with the memories and feelings so that we can reason on them, maturing those hurt parts of us so that our inner healer is empowered to support us when we feel despondent or discouraged. Our inner healer is a life jacket, when we are too tired to swim he buoys us so that we can stabilize, recover energy and keep going.

We have hid for so long it can become comfortable, safe, reliable and familiar to us, for a time it is a relief, but then we feel alone. The fear of reaching out again is overwhelming. You did it here, I celebrate that with you fellow survivor! Our healing begins with reaching out, getting support, then ruminating on that healthy exchange, letting it comfort our heart then, only when we are stable and ready, to reach out again, get support and let that support, the life lessons of others who have struggled and succeeded bring light and truth to our ache and loneliness.

In this way, sharing does support us, it allows confidence, even happiness, to be felt by those desert parched trauma suffering areas of our personality to feel.., refreshed.

You are right A healingheart, most folks cannot go to the depths of our trauma, they disconnect.., or worse. Here we can go to that level, supporting, empathizing and healing. Most cannot, we can and we want to,

Welcome back,
Sam

#451865 - 10/30/13 04:00 PM Re: distrusting the note from executive director [Re: healingheart]
healingheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

That's courageous.

It's hard to unlearn the reflex too. I understand tgat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.