Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
9 registered (Obi, 86, BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#451090 - 10/23/13 01:11 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
flightmedic38 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Braver men than I,
I don't ever want to see that house again!!!!!! Thanks for posting though it helps to know how other men deal......

Flight

#451114 - 10/23/13 07:47 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Flight -

last August i went back to the house and 2 schools where most of the abuse was done to me. i felt i was as prepared as i could be but wondered if i would be able to go through with it. i had been through about 20 months of pretty intense therapy and had brought support along on the trip - my very encouraging wife.

i was visiting my brother who still lives in the area and was leaving his place at the end of our visit - wondering if i should go back to the scenes or not - when i was suddenly seized by a compulsion to see it through. i felt like it was inevitable and i just HAD to do it. (i posted about it in another thread.) it was not easy but i did it - and in the process reclaimed some lost ground. i have felt much stronger since then - and the memories have lost a lot of their power over me.

for others it might be different - i think a lot of my positive outcome was in the preparation and timing.

i hope you will be able to overcome the effects of your experiences - whether you ever go back there or not. it may be enough to get to the point where you know you don't need to go back.

LEE

Edited by traveler (10/23/13 07:49 PM)
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#451120 - 10/23/13 09:04 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
flightmedic38 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Lee,
I am so happy for you.... I am pretty sure at this point that I will never ever go back to that place..But for some I am sure it is very Liberating......

Flight

#451149 - 10/24/13 01:07 AM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
I had found the place of my abuse on Google Earth some time ago. I studied it for hours, wanting to see every detail, remember everything facet. It was painful, but it was what I needed to do.
I have never gone back.
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.