Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#451842 - 10/30/13 12:33 PM Re: Cory Feldman Talks about his abuse [Re: Jacob S]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
I'm not saying Cory Feldman isn't a survivor, working through his own demons the best way he knows how.

I would be the least qualified of all to challenge any sexual abuse survivor about telling his story too quickly or too slowly. Here I am over 50 years later and I never told my parents, any school counselers, haven't told my wife or one of my adult sons. And only recently told my other adult son. So I'm definitely not saying how quickly or slowly anyone should tell their story.

If I had mentioned to my wife, or anyone, over and over how childhood sexual abuse is an awful scourge and a hideous thing to deal with, or that paedophiles are very real and dangerous I should be applauded for speaking out. On the other hand, if, after alerting everyone of the prevalence and danger of CSA, my wife found out through my book that it was me I was talking about and not just a general national disgrace, I believe it would only be natural for her to suspect my motives for writing the book and not telling her.

I'm sorry my views on this subject are offensive to you.

#451848 - 10/30/13 01:06 PM Re: Cory Feldman Talks about his abuse [Re: Lost Mountain]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's not offensive to me, I just don't think you are being fair to him. This book isn't the first time he has spoken about being molested and we have no idea what he has or hasn't told the people closest to him. Your sentence "I'm definitely not saying how quickly or slowly anyone should tell their story" seems to directly contradict what you say in the next paragraph. I don't take it personally, I just don't think its fair to him. I've never shared my complete story, and I know I wouldn't want anyone second guessing my motives for why or why not.

Edited by Jacob S (10/30/13 01:07 PM)
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#451850 - 10/30/13 01:11 PM Re: Cory Feldman Talks about his abuse [Re: Jacob S]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I'm about half way through Feldman's book. I think this is about where he starts telling stuff. But it seems to be cryptic. He doesn't seem to be outright pointing the pinkie at anybody so it has to be deciphered. I can understand why he would do this.

Puffer

#451851 - 10/30/13 01:16 PM Re: Cory Feldman Talks about his abuse [Re: pufferfish]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I'm about half way through Feldman's book. I think this is about where he starts telling stuff. But it seems to be cryptic. He doesn't seem to be outright pointing the pinkie at anybody so it has to be deciphered. I can understand why he would do this.

Puffer

I'm very interested in the book. I've flipped through it, but quickly came on a triggering passage so I know it is the kind of thing I'll have to take my time on. I'd love for you to continue sharing any impressions and conclusions you draw from it.

===

Bluedogone, as far as when and why he first disclosed his abuse, this article from 2008 might clear up some things:
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20221634,00.html
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#451863 - 10/30/13 02:54 PM Re: Cory Feldman Talks about his abuse [Re: Jacob S]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Hi Jacob S,

Thanks for the link to the "People" magazine article.

As the lady who put on her new orthopedic shoes said, "I stand corrected." Mr Feldman apparently did, in fact, talk about his molestation long before the royalties from his book would begin.

I, too, would not want anyone to question my motives for revealing or not revealing aspects of my molestation. It would be grossly unfair. But then, I haven't written a book about it.

It's true I made a very wrong assumption in the time line, however, when someone is a celebrity, makes their livelihood based partly on the amount of publicity they can generate, and puts themselves out there with a book, I think it's completely fair to question their motives.

#451867 - 10/30/13 04:23 PM Re: Cory Feldman Talks about his abuse [Re: Lost Mountain]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Allegedly the book includes a picture of both Coreys, aged 15, at a party surrounded by five men who had each molested them by that point in time. Given the relative lack of earthquakes over this book I can only assume their faces are obscured - otherwise everybody would be gossiping and there would have been multiple libel suits already filed.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.