Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
5 registered (susie, Obi, Tarobuns108, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63568 Topics
444130 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#450175 - 10/14/13 10:54 PM Question re Space for Notes
SayItRight Offline
MaleSurvivor

Is there a good way to keep a running list of ideas or quotes or parts of discussions I've seen or had on MS. I mean, one that stays on MS or that is available to me when I log in?

I don't really want to copy to a doc on my desktop; others sometimes use this computer. I use the kind of functionality at work, a doc into which I can copy ideas, facts, references, etc. I keep a notepad in my pocket for the same reason. Some internet services that I like allow me to "clip" articles, etc. from other places on the web, or allow me to *favorite* or *star* certain ideas I like, although I wouldn't neccessarily want everyone else here to be able to see what I'd *favorited* as can be done on Twitter, for instance.

Looking for ideas for something similar here only becuase copying stuff down to a quick reference spot is how I'm used to working.

I tried to send myself a message on MS, I was just going to reply to it by pasting in lines everytime I saw something else I want to remember, but the Message feature said I can't add myself to a message (technically, it said I didn't need to).

If there is any good way to do what I'm asking, please let me know. If not, please consider the idea for the future. My apologies if the feature is already in place and I simply missed it somewhere.

Thanks.

#451068 - 10/23/13 08:57 AM Re: Question re Space for Notes [Re: SayItRight]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
This topic will be included in the next WOC meeting.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#456560 - 12/10/13 08:52 PM Re: Question re Space for Notes [Re: FormerTexan]
WebsiteCommittee Offline

The best way to do this would be to use GoogleDocs, which comes in very handy for updates on the fly while online. Otherwise a thumb drive may be a handy alternative.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.