Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (tbkkfile, unhappycamper, Scott1962, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63794 Topics
445496 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#449254 - 10/05/13 06:57 AM Re: My story about my path and my choice. **triggers* [Re: Onesimus75]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
No offense intended.
Don't know how to talk about the conflict between religion and faith without discussing the positions involved in the conflict.
A description, not a prescription.

#449322 - 10/06/13 03:42 AM Re: My story about my path and my choice. **triggers* [Re: Onesimus75]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Onesimus75, thank you. Our words often show our beliefs...

For example, for some people their religious beliefs conflict with their sexual expression or sexual desires. For me, my faith and my sexual expression are congruent. My faith does not include any belief about sexual moralism. Instead I choose to look at actions and consequences, and whether relationships are based in love and the potential to harm that's in any relationship.

From what little I can see, straight and gay relationships both have the potential for love and also for hurt.

It's taken me a lot of acceptance, self love, shame busting work, to be here. That's only my story, every one is different, no one is better or worse through the eyes of God. That's my belief.

Religious extremism can be dangerous. There's that moment when I suppose to know what's best for you... or that God, as defined by my book, knows what's best for you. Who you should love, how you should dress, how you should pray, or school your children, or what church you should attend. Then I'm already in the land of perpetration.

So bless you for your beliefs and for your work and for your faith. I only meant to say that we can only really tell our own story, and live our own faith.

A medicine man once said to me, "never interfere with another person's process." It really stuck out as something to learn... how do I tell my own story without judging, shaming, or trying to manipulate another person into agreeing with me? How do I have my beliefs without trying to get others to live by them? How do I create a more just world by being a living example of what I believe in?

Edited by risingagain (10/06/13 03:42 AM)

#449340 - 10/06/13 01:12 PM Re: My story about my path and my choice. **triggers* [Re: risingagain]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: one foot out the door
Originally Posted By: risingagain

A medicine man once said to me, "never interfere with another person's process." It really stuck out as something to learn... how do I tell my own story without judging, shaming, or trying to manipulate another person into agreeing with me? How do I have my beliefs without trying to get others to live by them? How do I create a more just world by being a living example of what I believe in?

right on. This is worthy of being put up on a wall somewhere.

#449626 - 10/09/13 02:14 AM Re: My story about my path and my choice. **triggers* [Re: Onesimus75]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanks @ Jacob S.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.