Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (Doubter, bluesky, 3 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444461 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#447298 - 09/15/13 04:22 PM Pre-need estate, funeral and trust planning
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Just tending to the personal business matter that is probably the most-procrastinated and yet most important, documenting my wishes in case "end of life" comes unexpectedly.

I was reminded of this important pre-need planning 4 years ago when my truck hydroplaned off a freeway overpass, plummeted upside down onto a freeway onramp, and rolled several times into a very deep ravine.

Age and health do not dictate our order of "leaving here."

I am encouraging everyone, if you would like to leave something lasting of your legacy, please consider including Malesurvivor.org in your estate planning. I am not wealthy, but I am setting money aside in an account for future funeral expenses, along with specific instructions and wishes.

Another way to contribute after your passing is to pre-write your obituary, or make notes for it, designating your wish for donations to Malesurvivor.org in lieu of flowers and cards.

Even the smallest amount would help another survivor find this place of healing, thanks to you.

In any case, get this done no matter what age you are, and finish the task by having it properly notarized. Your loved ones will be ever grateful to you. cool

#447301 - 09/15/13 07:06 PM Re: Pre-need estate, funeral and trust planning [Re: WriterKeith]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Oh, I've got my whole Requiem Mass planned out. I think I want the Cristobal Morales one but in case my wife can't commission a choir and chamber orchestra in time, I think I'd be OK with the regular Gregorian chant.

I've picked out exactly what casket I'm getting:

http://www.trappistcaskets.com/products/caskets/premium-shaped-casket/

My "goth" self from high school would be so proud. Plus they're solid wood & handmade by Trappist monks. If they put as much attention to detail into their caskets as they do with their beer, I think it'll be great.

I agree that it is a headache but it is important to specify to your loved ones exactly what you want. My sister is a funeral director (she is the one that did my prearrangement) and she said that so many people come into arrangements for their deceased loved ones with no idea what to do as far as a service is concerned... especially if their loved one followed a different religion, or had no religion at all. Often the "in lieu of" is a charity that has to do with the disease the person passed from and not something that might be closer to their heart.

- Saint John of the Cross

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.