Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (lostsoul824), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#444736 - 08/19/13 10:32 PM I'm afraid,
Tyler845 Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
people genuinely like me. Not for any other reason, than I'm a cool guy to be around. When I'm myself, I don't have a problem with having cool conversations. When I can un-hinge my vigilance and let my guard down, I've became increasingly adept at experiencing and feeling emotion in the present. "I'm afraid" is a small statement, but it is ample. I know I'll eventually if not soon overcome this last hanger on of weakness.

Killing it now, and recovering all the more whole-y. Have A Well Day.

Jimmy

Over-Ride Emotional Conflict With Rational Truths

You Are Freer Than You Think - Paul Berteaux

Come unto Me, all ye that Labor, and are Heavy-ladened. I will give you Rest -Jesus Christ

#444738 - 08/19/13 10:38 PM Re: I'm afraid, [Re: Tyler845]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
"I'm afraid." Yeah, what an all encompassing phrase. Fear is the feeling that is the most difficult to be present in, for we want to run, fight or freeze because of it. Being "in" fear without acting, just being aware of it without judging it, that is real recovery.

I have been in fear recently being within it without trying even to console myself. It is a difficult tightrope, but so rewarding when I can say to myself, "I am afraid, but I am not panicked."

Please, share with us your experiences, this is an advanced level class and you are an eloquent speaker.

Thanks,
Sam

#444774 - 08/20/13 09:44 AM Re: I'm afraid, [Re: Tyler845]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Jimmy

I read no weakness.

Sometimes we just have to learn how to use our super powers.

go gentle.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#444775 - 08/20/13 10:01 AM Re: I'm afraid, [Re: Tyler845]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
I AM AFRAID

How simple Tyler.

I agree with Sam V

Also, it took me until I was 45, to understand I was afraid and not just angry. I knew I needed to keep my distance, I told myself this is because if I loose my self control I would attack you. It was a lie and fed my paranoia.

I am only recently (last few years) accepting that I am afraid in part because I am vulnerable. If I am human, let me say, since I am human I am vulnerable. Being vulnerable is a fact it is not necessary that I be afraid nor is it necessary that I defend myself from everyone.

Thus upper level class is extremely painful for me.

We all have different stories and we all are just the same.

#444779 - 08/20/13 10:27 AM Re: I'm afraid, [Re: SamV]
Tyler845 Offline

Thank you Sam.

I don't wanna be too vague, but I'm taking a class locally. It's helped to bring about positive traction in my life. Given me a goal. Something I really enjoy doing. The close knit form of the group lends to being a part. Being a part, and seeing the people accept me, slowly and surely, is root for my fear. Having the questions, " Do they judge me ? " " Am I Worthy ?" " Do they fear Me ?" All these are back-burners, but questions none the less. I don't think they judge me. I don't think they fear me. I see , they appreciate my drive and determination, dedication. I appreciate the same of them. All good people. As far as I can see. I find myself actively fighting the dissosiation while there, something I could have never imagined myself doing in the presence of what are basically strangers at this point. A mountain of difference in my personality in regard to using my strength, when thinking about myself when I first came to MS. I'm proud of myself.

I think everyone here has the same ability. To overcome. To find their dream, and follow it.

@Sam- love your bottom tag line by the way. So much it bears repeating. "Play with life. Don't Fight it." Hear Hear.

Come unto Me, all ye that Labor, and are Heavy-ladened. I will give you Rest -Jesus Christ

#444782 - 08/20/13 10:36 AM Re: I'm afraid, [Re: Castle]
Tyler845 Offline

Thank You

#444783 - 08/20/13 10:45 AM Re: I'm afraid, [Re: genedebs]
Tyler845 Offline

" Being vulnerable is a fact it is not necessary that I be afraid nor is it necessary that I defend myself from everyone. "-genedebs

Exactly.

Nice.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.