Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#442861 - 08/01/13 05:03 AM Re: Finally doing this.... [Re: peroperic2009]
Johnny777 Offline

Originally Posted By: peroperic2009
Originally Posted By: Johnny777
The only solace I can find right now is that my daughter is safe. I had to leave my daughter, Ana, with an exgirlfriend and her husband, for her own safety. Although I know I can never have her back at least I know that she'll grow up with good parents and brothers and sisters who love her.

I really don't know what to say on all this and to be honest I can't understand all circumstances. Has your daughter mother? Could you tell us why she is not taking care of her daughter instead your girl friend?
I don't know anything about family laws in US but leaving child to "third" person here is felt like the worst possible scenario and least option; simply because children need their parents around them frown

For how long has been like that?

There are a lot of writings and ways to help someone who has fallen in codependent and abusive relationship. But I guess it is prerequisite to seek for help.
Please think on searching for some help and advices.

My daughters mother is sick with leukemia and in no state to look after her. Obviously neither am I. Leaving her to them was the next best option but I know she needs her real parents. At least my daughter is loved, thats whats important

#442891 - 08/01/13 11:17 AM Re: Finally doing this.... [Re: Johnny777]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Johnny:

I don't know what to say other than YOU DO MATTER. You matter to everyone here and a lot of other people, especially your daughter.

I have not been in a situation like yours, except that I guess there may be some parallel between your adoration of K and my love for my perp. I am 40 years removed from that, though.

It sounds to me like you are in the same situation as an abused girlfriend. I hope you can find a way to break free. Can you see a therapist?

Make no mistake about it, you are one strong man if you are able to come here and talk to us. I admire your courage.

Jim

#442928 - 08/01/13 05:58 PM Re: Finally doing this.... [Re: Johnny777]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 06:36 PM)

#443267 - 08/04/13 06:32 PM Re: Finally doing this.... [Re: Johnny777]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
this is off the hook.
i, too, need more details to fully get what is going on.

if someone threatened my child's health safety or life, they would be O U T of my life. period.

your daughter needs YOU, more than any other person.
make her your priority.
make that duty your desire.
that may motivate your own recovery.
you have to be the best you can be... for her.

welcome to ms.org.
hope you find the support and safety you need on this site.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.