Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442069 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#442961 - 08/01/13 09:48 PM ! [Re: ThisMan]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:13 PM)

#443098 - 08/02/13 08:25 PM Re: Yes, Virginia, I have a name- use it. [Re: ThisMan]
Still Around Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Bill,

Truly inspiring. It's important for all of us to take back that very thing that was taken from us --- for a lot of us, our very identity. And we have to start right there.

And believe me I know how you feel. My best friend (who had said in the past that she was one of the few who never referred to me by just my last name) one day a few weeks ago she started to do that and I have to say it made me feel...well, horrible. Like I didn't matter. Suddenly, it seemed like I was lost again, like I didn't even matter in her eyes. And to feel like I didn't matter again, not even enough to be called by my name...

I quickly told her how it was making me feel and she stopped, but what I can't figure out is why she would even do that in the first place. I know she's been trying to put distance between me and her but that was an awful, hurtful way to go about it.

But I think for people who have not gone through this, they don't realize just how important our identities are to us. They have not had theirs so jeopardized that they've felt inhuman. If anything, I think it's important for us to speak up to let people know that we matter, they matter, everyone matters, and that everyone has an identity that is theirs and theirs alone, and we must respect that and cherish that.

I'm glad you're taking back your name Bill. Keep up that fight and tell the world "I am here and I matter"

Jon

Edited by Still Around (08/02/13 08:30 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.