Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, highflight), 40 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#443167 - 08/03/13 06:10 PM Re: Wasp Nest (very off-topic) [Re: Chase Eric]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
You guys have given me a chuckle.

And Eric, if you don't wish to harm the flying demons, tear down the nest in the middle of the day with a poking rod... you know a long stick. reach in, poke it down, and run back inside fast. The wasps will go build a nest somewhere else. Watch where they rebuild. Depending upon the height from the ground, it will tell you what kind of winter we will have).

#443417 - 08/05/13 08:07 PM Re: Wasp Nest (very off-topic) [Re: Chase Eric]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
Originally Posted By: bodyguard8367
...NO SNAKES

Geoffrey, I've always loved snakes...

Wow, thanks for posting that. You are a really good writer. Sorry about your snake. I hate when pets die, to me it's just as upsetting as when people die.

Did you fix your wasp problem yet? I'd go for the poke the nest with a stick and run away screaming method. At least then none die - you just make them homeless. I was reading about nematodes recently. I actually just thought they were a made up thing from SpongeBob. (SpongeBob's house gets destroyed by nematodes in one episode). They're like a tiny parasite that kills other insects. The one I was reading about killed slugs, but maybe there is one that kills wasps. Though that seems pretty evil also.

I've started a new business on ebay, it's called TinyWaspHeadsMountedOnPlaques4U... It seems like there is a gap in the market for them. I kinda want to say 'you won't get stung by my prices' - but that REALLY sucks.

#443671 - 08/07/13 08:46 PM Re: Wasp Nest (very off-topic) [Re: txb]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: txb

I've started a new business on ebay, it's called TinyWaspHeadsMountedOnPlaques4U... It seems like there is a gap in the market for them. I kinda want to say 'you won't get stung by my prices' - but that REALLY sucks.

At last I shall have my trophies! Now, how to taxidermy them? That could be tricky. confused

So, Eirik, we need an update. Did you...... KIIIIIIIILLL THEM? smirk

#443688 - 08/07/13 10:47 PM Re: Wasp Nest (very off-topic) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: txb
Wow, thanks for posting that. You are a really good writer. Sorry about your snake.

@txb - Thank you! I think it is my favorite piece published with the GMP so far.

Originally Posted By: Ken
So, Eirik, we need an update. Did you...... KIIIIIIIILLL THEM? smirk

@Ken - Umm. No. I have not kiiiilllllled themmmm yet. I'm still sort of qqquuuietly wwwwwaalking arrrrrround them.

I have carefully considered all the suggested approaches. I love you ALL for posting! Some of the stories in this thread are chilling. A great guy named Lost Mountain admits he'd scream like a little girl at he site of a rat and go all Hulk Hogan over it. Geoffrey, you lump wasps and bees with snakes and say they lack compassion, essentially making them rude house guests. Yet while Geoffrey is cool with spiders, Pufferfish still has spider jaw parts stuck in his face.

It's all so crazy - one man's phobia is another's cool. There is no consistency here, guys. It gets crazier. Pero, you had a wasp crawling through your hair, yet your reason wins out over emotion as you laugh it off and call them just a part of the ecological chain. I'm sorry. I don't want the ecological chain walking through my scalp. Ever. txb, you suggest the poke, run and scream method which for me will certainly turn into the poke, run and sting fiasco. Or I could unleash a plague of nematodes upon them, inspired by Sponge Bob Square Pants. But I think I'd like more evidence-based research on that before I start an epidemic and have agents from the CDC knocking at my door. And through this lower din of semi-reasoned discussion comes mad KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL THEMMMM!!!! mad and I am convinced we are all quite mad. smile Either that, or this thread needs to be moved to the humor section. Worst of all - despite this incredible assortment of colorful advice, I'm still quietly walking around wasps praying that karma is still on my side. So that makes me without a doubt the craziest of all.

So here's the update. No, I haven't killed them. Yes, I hate them but I still can't kill them but I probably will but not right now. Yes, I hate spiders and I physically shuddered reading Puffer's story of the Brown Recluse and now I'm thinking of keeping the wasps around to kill the poisonous spiders in the woodpile nearby. No, I just don't think spiders are OK like hummingbirds, dogs or guys. Hummingbirds are cute, dogs are loyal, guys are cool, and spiders are NONE of those things even though I am aware that some people cuddle their pet tarantulas. If someone in my family got a tarantula, I would disown them. Yes I love rats and think anyone who doesn't should watch Ratatouille.

I'll keep you all updated...

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#443784 - 08/08/13 09:32 PM Re: Wasp Nest (very off-topic) [Re: Chase Eric]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I (unfortunately?) enjoy critters. I like to see different kinds of insects and stuff. I see the balance of nature that the wasps help control another type of insect. We've had so much rain that we have a lot of mosquitos now. The spiders need to get busy and build some good webs to get rid of them.

Puffer

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.