Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Landscape, susie, ethereo222), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441632 - 07/21/13 08:41 PM Veterans Affairs Hearing
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
On Friday, the House Committee on Veterans Affairs held a hearing regarding care for military sexual trauma. This hearing also had the perspective of a male survivor.
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HearsA
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#442344 - 07/27/13 11:18 AM Re: Veterans Affairs Hearing [Re: LN3(SS)]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi, Nice to see another submarine sailor. I did 6 patrols on the ssbn 610, 6 patrols on ssbn 627, 1 patrol on ssbn 629. It was patrol 13 that did me in, you know how much pressure the navy puts on you to re-qualify everything in one patrol when you go to a new ship. Well at the same time my rape from childhood was raising its ugly head. Pretty much ended my navy career at 17 years.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.