Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jay1946, aniceguy, bcl092, kcinohio, Obi, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447590 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441035 - 07/16/13 10:31 AM Possible future therapy?
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
LINK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23285154

EXTRACT

In a virtual world adults in a child-like body start to perceive the world more like a child, a study has shown.

EXTRACT

"Somehow the brain thinks 'this is my body' which makes the whole experience consistent. You see the world bigger, have more childlike attributes and prefer a child's environment rather than an adult one."

The researchers propose that their work has numerous applications, particularly for therapy or remembering childhood memories.

"You're putting yourself in the shoes of someone else, so you can get some aspect of how they feel to be in this position.

"To some extent you could revert people to a child-like experience, so they may be able to remember things from their childhood better or to empathise more with their own children."

EXTRACT

"Virtual reality could help us take the perspective of victims, of young children and could help rehabilitate prisoners.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441050 - 07/16/13 02:11 PM Re: Possible future therapy? [Re: king tut]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

War
Love
Poetry

#441086 - 07/16/13 06:23 PM Re: Possible future therapy? [Re: victor-victim]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: victor-victim
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I like that, deep and thought provoking, thanks for the reflection

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.