Newest Members
Kandrejohnson, Bitterblue, jay72, Lookingforpeace, day
12959 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bill61 (55), ianruk (45), sadandlonely (42), sebastian (65), ThyGuy (33), Vin (38)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12959 Members
75 Forums
67177 Topics
469065 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 29 of 29 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29
Topic Options
#492734 - 12/18/15 09:37 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

I weighed myself at the start of the week and was a bit depressed. I weighed myself this morning and found i already gained 0.4kg! Ok, it's not huge, but it made me happy that what I'm doing is working. I'm nervous about adding too much exercise in though, because if I exercise more then i'll have to eat more to sustain that. At least my head is in a better place now, so I'll try and come up with a better plan. Hopefully next week I'll have made some good progress. I'm also doing better with getting up in the mornings, I think because i'm doing that I'm sleeping better at night. Haven't really had any nightmares that I can recall. So even though the early thing sucks it obviously has some benefits, so I'll stick at it. I'll maybe try bringing the time i get up back by about 15 minutes every week till i get to a normal time. (I'll call 8:30 normal. I'm not that keen!)

Hope everyone else is doing great!

#492853 - 12/22/15 10:27 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
1in6 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I did it!! I hit my goal weight of 180lbs!! I burn calories like an exorcist burning the demons from my memories!! Die, you evil bastards!!

It's a great feeling, although it's just a bonus from my self-made therapy of recalling all of my bad memories and challenging them while I run with all that I've got. Dude, what a good feeling. I was so emotional like that little kid I used to be just got clean again. It may sound crazy, but that's only because I'm crazy:-)

Txb, I'm happy for you that you are having less bad dreams. I still have them but not with the frequency which I had before this workout thing I'm doing. And my flashbacks or whatever they're called are less frequent also. I truly hope you can get some peace and attain good health while you're at it.

Also, I eat more frequently, but I watch what I eat and how many calories each thing will cost me. The more meals I eat, according to a nutritionist at my gym, along with my regular workouts, have both caused my metabolism to speed up. My resting heart rate is also down from 77 to 52!

Good luck to all:-)

William

#492897 - 12/24/15 07:47 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Carries The Fire Offline

Loc: Alba
Congratulations Will!!

Calories and Demons are similar, "Die, you evil bastards" is rather quite tame as to what I am thinking!! Congratulations again on hitting your target.

This post also shows encouragement, with regards to healthy body, healthy mind. I love the idea of using the negative memories to fuel your body full of sadness, pain, anger and turning this into positive, because this also works for me, turn the negative into positive!!

Well now you know a healthy way to cleanse yourself again. You are anything but crazy, want to join the crazy train? Hitch a ride with me, but there would be no promises of you coming back in one piece, or back at all!!

Maybe one day, someone on here can explain something like nutrition for dummies lol! Still confuses the hell out of me!

But again good on ye, Will,txb, and everyone else, keep it going!

Ctf

#492936 - 12/25/15 02:02 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
1in6 Offline

Thanks CTF:-)

It takes a lot out of me to recall all that I have with regard to those demons, but as I imagine that I'm stronger than they are while I'm giving it all that I've got with my music blaring in my earphones, I truly feel stronger every minute that I do it. For me, I can't foresee a better form of therapy since nothing else has worked (CBT, for instance) in keeping them from my thoughts and dreams. While they aren't dead, I can see that I've wounded them! HA!!

The calorie thing works well after you ask someone to calculate how many of them you can have based on age, height, weight, and heart rate, I think. Once you know how many calories you can have and as long as you don't exceed that amount by reading the food and drink labels while working out (especially if you use a machine which can calculate how many calories you are burning while using it), then you will see results. So far it's working for me:-)

Best of luck to you and everyone else who's trying to kill demons and calories:-)!

William

#493934 - 01/12/16 01:20 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
1in6 Offline

I am down from 217lbs to 187!! I've lost 40lbs!! yes!!!:-)

#493935 - 01/12/16 01:35 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
Nice job 1in6!

#493961 - 01/12/16 07:09 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
1in6 Offline

Thanks LinEar:-)

#494494 - 01/25/16 05:46 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: 1in6]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: 1in6
I am down from 217lbs to 187!! I've lost 40lbs!! yes!!!:-)

That's great news! How are you doing now? Do you need to lose more weight or are you going to be maintaining now?

I hoped to start off 2016 by posting more in this thread and hopefully getting some kind of support thing going, but I failed at that. I've barely spent any time on my computer lately, which turned out to really be a good thing. I'm paranoid about messing that up.

I've been trying and mostly failing to get up early, but at least I'm getting up earlier. Late by normal people's standards, but it's an improvement. I have been working out and eating better. Last week I had a minor stumble, but still managed to gain 0.1kg, which is pretty much nothing, but it's still progress. So far, I've gained 2.3kg so I'm really happy with that. Think that's about 5lbs or something. I also lost 2cm from my waist, which is a good thing because it means muscle is going on where i want it to and I'm not just gaining fat.

My aunt has been on a fitness kick since new year, so that helps a lot. She was like, "we should do some stuff together, how about Zumba or some other dance work out??" GTF.... I talked her into lifting heavy weights instead. We planned we'd go out walking in the evenings for extra exercise, but it's rained or snowed every single day this year so far. Maybe this week will be better weather-wise. I want to go out biking and stuff too. Maybe kayaking when it gets warmer.

I was involved in some wedding prep stuff last week. The nice news is that I overheard that my abuser's wife is divorcing him and he's all bitter about it. Apparently he's posting a ton of attention seeking and passive aggressive stuff on facebook. It's not like I like to celebrate someone's downfall, but it's nice to know he's pathetic. Weirdly I got sucked into a conversation where I ended up 'reminiscing' about some funny thing to do with that guy in the past. I don't know why I did that.

It's only about 6 weeks till the wedding now, so I should probably up my game a bit more. I hope everyone else is doing alright.

#494522 - 01/26/16 03:56 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
1in6 Offline

Hi txb,

I just noticed that I wrote said I was 187 when I was actually 177. I'm now at 174, so I've lost 43 pounds or 19.5kg. I'm really happy about it but now I'm just trying to maintain the weight and I'm working on shaping my abs while building up my arms, legs, and chest. I am now actually trying not to loose too much weight but the cardio workouts that I do are all about endurance training. I didn't know that's what it's called, but apparently when you do interval training with cardio workouts the only result can be weight loss. So I'm trying to modify my routine by adding a little more weight training, but I just can't imagine not running on the elliptical. So I'm right at 6'0 or 1.83m, and I'm 174lbs or 79kg. I have to change it up so I don't get too thin, but the therapeutic value I get from the running is so important to me.

I have some pictures of myself before the surprise of PTSD occurred and I look like a totally different person now. I look like the person I used to look in the mirror and wonder who the fat guy was who was staring at my in its reflection. Now I look like the old me. But again, I've got to try hard not to lose too much. My wedding ring doesn't even fit me anymore.

I know what you mean about not wanting to celebrate someone's downfall. I wouldn't be able to enjoy that either. But I've never seen my abusers again after they disappeared. I only know that one of them was arrested on a drug trafficking charge, but that was how he disappeared back then in 1981 or 1982, so I have no idea. I've had mixed feelings about those two guys over the years and decades since it ended. I've hated them, I've missed them, I've wished them peace and I've wished them suffering. But I've not had to see them or hear about them after they were gone. It must be hard to know that your abuser is still so close to your life.

Best of luck to you on your goals and congrats for the progress you have made:-)

Page 29 of 29 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.