Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, learning2remember, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446676 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 26 of 26 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26
Topic Options
#468173 - 07/29/14 10:29 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Jay1946 Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida, USA
Jeff:

My primary physician told me the same on my last visit. I told him that I never add salt to my food and eat healthy, but he says that just the salt that comes in packaged food, and specially in restaurant meals, is sufficient to cause one to retain water.

"Health Foods" are particular culprits, because salt is added to make them palatable.

#468194 - 07/29/14 09:02 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Jay

Yeah, there is a lot of salt added to all types of food to make it taste better. The worst part is you would think that you're carefully watching what you eat and it turns out that there is a load of salt in it. Also during holiday seasons with the "trimmings" my doctor tells me that people come into him because of what he calls fat feet syndrome crazy. Swelling because of the extra salt added to the cooking process and then consumed during the meals themselves.

I try not to add salt to already cooked meals anymore, it's better to get used to the original taste instead of salting it to give it another type of taste.

Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope
<3 XOXO
Jeff

#468601 - 08/06/14 06:01 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys back on track after many months of recovery after I fell and hit my head and back. Walking 3 miles a day and laying off the carbs. Lost 10lb grin. I am motivated to loose at least 30 more.
Thanks.

#468602 - 08/06/14 06:09 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: bluesky]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Exercise and feeling good about how you look is a great lifter from the negatives of CSA. It helps one to see themselves in a positive light. Keep going and keep the endorphins flowing.

#468635 - 08/07/14 07:22 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: KMCINVA]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
Exercise and feeling good about how you look is a great lifter from the negatives of CSA. It helps one to see themselves in a positive light. Keep going and keep the endorphins flowing.

I've read stuff that said that exercise can be just as effective as anti depressants for depression. I thought that was pretty impressive.

Nice work bluesky. Hope your weight loss continues.

I gained 15lbs in about 3 weeks after being on antipsychotics. Ok, I probably needed to gain 15lbs but it's messing with my control issues that it all piled on so fast, without me even changing my diet. I believe the drugs mess with your metabolism. I'm trying not to freak out about this and just trying to focus on being healthy. I've quit the drugs so hopefully I won't gain any more weight.

#468690 - 08/08/14 07:04 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Great work, excellent motivation, guys. I'm on board.

#469669 - 09/04/14 07:00 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Need help I am exersizing evry day eating only natural organic food, no starch low carb pailo diet and can't loos more than the ten pounds I lost over a month or so ago. Checked my thiroid negative nothing. If you have any advice please let me know.
Thanks

#472529 - 11/14/14 08:01 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I joined a gym, first time ever, I used to work-out in my room. I have been a member for a month now, although have only been a few times as I have been ill quite a bit, and also find it hard to get to the gym classes on-time due to traffic after work.

I can't decide yet if I will renew my membership for the next month, or maybe join a gym closer to my work, or just go back to working out at home. But the classes really got me working!

Bluesky- diets often work like that- you lose quickly at the start, then you level off, then it starts working again. If you are eating less calories than you need for your age, weight and activity level then you should start losing again if you keep with it! Don't give up!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 26 of 26 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.