Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
7 registered (dan_in_newengland, Scott1962, focusedbody, cant_remember, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63652 Topics
444534 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438378 - 06/16/13 03:50 PM !
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!]

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 07:39 PM)

#439069 - 06/24/13 08:17 AM Re: Justice for son came at steep price for family [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
The ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities are endemic with this... it is a devastating and calculated vendetta of shaming, ostracizing, and re-victimizing, which can extend to vandalism and physical assault (a CSA survivor advocate had bleach thrown in his eyes by the son of a perp). Here in NY it's rare to go a month without some new horror story of official silence and perp privilege. I fully expect the sex abuse rate in Haredi communities / yeshivas is as endemic and common as the issue in the Catholic church (proportionately of course, since there is a lower number of Haredi yeshivas than Catholic churches).

It doesn't help that boys in these communities are raised intensively sex-segregated, never interact with women and taught that women are unclean, while rather openly being allowed to mutually masturbate each other between classes or during any private moment; at some point something becomes SUCH an open secret that you can't even call it a secret at all. Everybody knows so they imprint on that behavior with that age group as what enjoyable and allowable sexual experiences are supposed to be. So the boys get patterned to seek sexual contact with adolescent males and to be baffled, fearful, and loathful towards women. If you want to program a boy to grow up to be a perp you probably couldn't find a better plan.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.