Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63581 Topics
444213 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#438360 - 06/16/13 09:52 AM Re: Father's Day [Re: newground]
ksequoia Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
No offense, but I had to stop at "Jesus"... Glad this person had a good dad, in spite of the lies.

#438379 - 06/16/13 04:17 PM Re: Father's Day [Re: Jude]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
I like that, Jude.

My father was the one who befriended another perp and invited him to join in assaulting me and my sister numerous times. I have no connection to Father's Day. I turn my head when I walk into stores and see Father's Day cards or signs. I keep him and the thought of him out of my mind in every way.

I DO celebrate the good fathers I know. The kind of guys I am friends with are SUPER-dads. They don't beat, they explain. They don't ridicule, they encourage. They don't banish, they respect. And their kids? They've turned out fantastic. Still kids, but fantastic.

Happy Fathers Day, Male Survivor Fathers!

#438386 - 06/16/13 05:34 PM ! [Re: Jude]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 07:39 PM)

#438388 - 06/16/13 06:12 PM Re: Father's Day [Re: Jude]
takingitslow Offline

Loc: UK
I was in the card shop Friday getting a card to post to my Dad. I really wasnt in the mood as all the cards were all love, respect, making 'Dad seem great' and I was really tempted to just avoid getting a card altogether. After all my Dad was always shite/ absent/ never spoke to me and at least now he knows I'm pissed at him for the past not being a good father figure which sort of lead me into my perp uncle's hands as I wanted a father figure.

Any way I found a card with an angry looking Dad on the front I can't remember what the words were on the outside or inside but I just had to get that card. It just encapsulated him so much. My Dad an angry, bitter, selfish, self-absorbed man who is lonely and alienated from other people due to his cold, uninviting demeanor.

Dan

#438389 - 06/16/13 06:52 PM Re: Father's Day [Re: Jude]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
".....long after I'm gone. They deserve that. I hope that its never to late to be a dad."

Thanks, Jude, for voicing such an honest, sincere message. I want my legacy to be the same. And I have discovered that I want the next generation- my children's children- to also have been touched in a positive way through the legacy I leave.

b

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.