Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (irishguy, lapchinj, Mike26), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63592 Topics
444245 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#441337 - 07/19/13 07:41 AM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: toddop]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: toddop
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
Abused boys just kind of drop out of society and nobody really knows why or where they went. At least that's what happened to me. But just looking at those pictures helps me to come to some important insights. At that time I had little or no understanding of why things were like they were. I had deep amnesia about the abuse and it was many years before I figured out what happened.

Hey Puffer, this is the truth if I ever heard it. Sometimes on this site, you read something that just sums up everything so well. Thanks for giving voice to this. I felt exactly the same way. And I am just now finding out where that abused boy that was me went and what happened to him. And like Jeff says admitting that is the start of getting it all sorted out.

May we all find them and help heal from the things that happened to us!

Todd

SO SO SO TRUE!

i was one that my teachers would have voted as most likely to succeed. but i have always skirted around the edges of what would be called success - getting by - but underachieving for my potential - never drawing too much attention to myself.

in a couple weeks i will be able to mine the vast trove of family photos at brother's place that came from the parents' house. i am both scared and excited to think of what i might discover there. i promise to share - whatever insights i gain.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#441410 - 07/19/13 08:16 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
lapchinj Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Lee,

I hope there will be no eye openers, like recognizing someone you didn't wish to remember. I can't give any advice because I don't have that problem. I have all 18 pictures of me from the age of 0-10. I have a few pictures of them, not for me though, that I'll keep for their great grandchildren. Too bad they weren't great parents.

I sure wish that those pictures bring back plenty of good memories and not some surprise.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

#442298 - 07/27/13 12:50 AM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
Shyshark Offline

Loc: Canada
I want to thank you again StrugglingGuy ...

for introducing this to us all.

This is my favourite post.

It runs the gamut of emotions ... from love to hate to love.

To those of you who struggled with the posting of your pic

and those who made inciteful comments ...

Thank you.

This has been very uplifting for me.

... and the little boy in my pic ...

is grateful.

He really isn't alone.

#442360 - 07/27/13 02:08 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
lapchinj Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Shy

Your thoughts about this thread and using your picture for an avatar is the whole Idea behind StrugglingGuy. It has helped me tremendously to see all the innocent faces of kids that went through hell and survived it. Your picture shows me an innocent child that only wanted to be loved and have a normal childhood. Thanks for being brave enough to show that little boy in your avatar.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

#442362 - 07/27/13 02:11 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA

Edited by Suwanee (07/27/13 02:12 PM)
Edit Reason: Perfidy

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#463153 - 03/25/14 03:18 PM Re: Me at age 11 [Re: COSC]
jas4159 Offline

during my recovery i found i had to go back and find as many pictures of myself at the age of my abuse. fortunately there were many for me to look at. it was very helpful in my recovery

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.