Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441951 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#436245 - 05/29/13 08:06 PM Expressive Art Class
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Today was cool. I taught the expressive art class for the small group today from AVOL's residency program. It was a 5 month process to set up. It was good to again have the chance to do what I do best. Teach. The class was small. The guys were generous with their hospitality and willingness to take part in the project. And they were pretty creative in what they produced.

And I was amazed with the spirit each of these guys had considering they were dealing with their own personal situations. At the end of the class, they made the effort to stop by and to individually shake my hand and say thank you to me for sharing a few hours of my time. It was ME who received the blessing today, and it was tremendous. I just think they are so fuckin' cool.... these men that have been forgotten by society as a whole. I hope to return in a few months to do another art class.

#437087 - 06/06/13 10:59 AM Re: Expressive Art Class [Re: ThisMan]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Getting to share passions and art seems to be one of the most rewarding things in life - something all too rare, too. Especially if you know that the artists you are talking to have gone through similar experiences as you, it makes the connection that much deeper...I'm glad you had this amazing experience.

#437116 - 06/06/13 04:02 PM Re: Expressive Art Class [Re: ThisMan]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
what's AVOL?

- Saint John of the Cross

#437568 - 06/09/13 07:03 PM Re: Expressive Art Class [Re: ThisMan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Thanks Husky. It was amazing. ..
Crux. ... since it locates my city... I will PM you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.