Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444513 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#436045 - 05/28/13 01:52 AM Re: Sigma's about telling people you were molested? [Re: little big man]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I think Jude and Ed nailed a couple important points. In Al-Anon/ACoA I've disclosed what I've had to disclose for my recovery. That takes both personal courage and a group that's solid with the Traditions.

In short, principles over personalities...a hard one for some members to digest (lol...and a great meeting topic!). How did I get my sponsors? Because in the meetings they shared the stuff that was hard to share. Saying the same thing Jude said, in a different way.

What I've often come back to is how I frame a disclosure...how it relates to my program.

#436087 - 05/28/13 02:27 PM Re: Sigma's about telling people you were molested? [Re: little big man]
Mulligan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My assumption when a disclosure doesn't go favorably it is generally because the person I have disclosed to is an "unrecovered" survivor guy and I have triggered them. You aren't responsible my friend to how others react to your truth!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.