Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (pattom, dan_in_newengland, woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63645 Topics
444494 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#435532 - 05/22/13 10:45 PM Havent had sex since this memories woke up!
forgive777 Offline

Loc: california
I haven't hooked up with any woman since 12/05/11 a little bit before that aound September is when I really had a problem something just kept popping and weird feelings on my genitals... and a sudden drop of sexuality irite after I had hooked up with the last girl I was with I kept getting insecure do to the thoughts racing threw my mind of me being molested I keep telling my self iam not the man that she thinks iam!! Keeps running threw my mind! And it stopped me from hooking up with women!!! Know that iam opening up more gets a lil more difficult don't get me wrong iam straight 100 percent its more like the guilt that I carry knowing that if I tell or even think of the abuse I loose intrest on the date its like a curse!!! I used to be very leading good dates euphoric happy blah! And know iam nervous WHY????

#435534 - 05/22/13 10:47 PM Re: Havent had sex since this memories woke up! [Re: forgive777]
forgive777 Offline

Plus I started smoking pot almost a year ago could that be it as well??

#435535 - 05/22/13 10:59 PM Re: Havent had sex since this memories woke up! [Re: forgive777]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

The pot smoking is because your background anxiety levels are off the charts now that your body is aware of the abuse and violation, it is in hyper-alert mode. If a normal person's anxiety level is a zero or 1, a CSA survivor's could be a 4 or 5, and then spiking from there as he encounters stress.

The pot smoking helps to dial back the anxiety level; this is my daily life.

Cant

#435541 - 05/22/13 11:15 PM Re: Havent had sex since this memories woke up! [Re: forgive777]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Good post forgive777. Sex is a difficult issue for most of us. I noticed that you have kept the date of your last encounter with a woman (12/5/11). It reminds me of how obsessed I was with sex. I would keep track of the date, time, and place of my last having sex, and go crazy if it was more than 48 hours ago.

Consider trying to focus on dealing with your CSA issues with a therapist. When you begin to make progress on them, your unease with sex may begin to fade. Therapy takes time, effort, a williness to face the pain, and total honesty. But you CAN make progress. Go for it.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#435579 - 05/23/13 04:36 PM Re: Havent had sex since this memories woke up! [Re: forgive777]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 03:37 PM)

#435584 - 05/23/13 05:33 PM Re: Havent had sex since this memories woke up! [Re: forgive777]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
CSA seems to permeate almost every aspect of a survivor's sexuality from first meeting all the way up to sex. Obviously, we can work on it and recovery but I know your frustration. It has been awhile for me as well and about 6 or 7 years since I was actually able to have an orgasm with a partner. Even then I recall it being difficult. It sucks man I know dating and sex used to be a lot more simple for me but since recovery began I find them both more complicated. I think this has a lot to do with my desire to recover, to discovery myself/needs/wants, and experiencing true intimacy. In a way I feel like recovery hit the reset button on my psycho-sexual development so I am walking around like a confused teenager save the random boners and odd fascination with Mila Kunis in That 70's Show : P

#435639 - 05/24/13 02:26 AM Re: Havent had sex since this memories woke up! [Re: Publius]
forgive777 Offline

I got no problem finishing! With a woman is just the memories that woke up on me last year that I just lost intrest on sex! All together I decided to not hook up with anymore random girls! So I will see if the rite one comes up kind of mentality! Lol

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.