Newest Members
Luckylarry1, mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai, ratherbfishing
12809 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (67), kun wang (33)
Who's Online
6 registered (iaccus, Lumpy, Survivinguy, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12809 Members
75 Forums
66097 Topics
462004 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#486336 - 08/01/15 05:59 AM Re: code words [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
“Tricks and treachery are the Practice of Fools, that have not Wit enough to be honest.”
     ~ Benjamin Franklin

“Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.”
     ~ William James Durant

“There's always room for improvement, you know - it's the biggest room in the house.”
     ~ Louise Heath Leber

“People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.”
     ~ Sψren Aabye Kierkegaard

“Sometimes a man wants to be stupid if it lets him do a thing his cleverness forbids.”
     ~ John Ernst Steinbeck

“Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.”
     ~ Bertrand Arthur William Russell

“Une chose qui m’humilie profondιment est de voir que le gιnie humain a des limites, quand la bκtise humaine n’en a pas.”
Click to reveal.. ( English Translation )
“One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not.”
     ~ Alexandre Dumas

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
     ~ Harlan Jay Ellison

“Trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too.
”
     ~ Joseph Rudyard Kipling

“The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance.”
     ~ Albert Einstein

“Ignorance is a horrible thing. But arrogance, the belief that knowing a little more than the ignorant makes you wise, is more horrible still.”
     ~ James Rozoff

“Arrogance is knowledge minus wisdom.”
     ~ Celso Cukierkorn

“I'll take crazy over stupid any day.”
     ~ Joseph Hill Whedon

“Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity.”
     ~ Chris Leigh Lowe

“What we hope ever to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence.”
     ~ Samuel Johnson

“He that complies against his will
Is of the same opinion still.
”
     ~ Samuel Butler

“It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your ignorance.”
     ~ Thomas Sowell

“Keep it simple stupid.”
     ~ Clarence Leonard Johnson

“Ignorance isn't stupidity. Ignorance is not knowing. Ignoring ignorance is stupidity.”
     ~ John Peter Sloan

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
     ~ Ayn Rand

“Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets.”
     ~ Patrick James Rothfuss

“Most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.”
     ~ Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy

“The sin which is unpardonable is knowingly and willfully to reject truth, to fear knowledge lest that knowledge pander not to thy prejudices.”
     ~ Edward Alexander Crowley

“The possession of knowledge, unless accompanied by a manifestation and expression in action, is like the hoarding of precious metals - a vain and foolish thing.”
     ~ William Walker Atkinson

War
Love
Poetry

#486553 - 08/04/15 04:20 PM Re: Love is my Weapon [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

“Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.”
Leah Wilson

“Love is a weapon of Light, and it has the power to eradicate all forms of darkness. That is the key. When we offer love even to our enemies, we destroy their darkness and hatred.”
Yehuda Berg

“Love is a weapon as dangerous and persuasive as magic.”
Edward Kitsis

“Love is the ultimate weapon of spiritual alchemists, through love you can change a simple relationship to a golden union.”
Christos Archos

“Just as love is my weapon to open the hearts of men, love is also my shield to repulse the arrows of hate and the spears of anger.”
Augustine Mandino

“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.”
Eric Arthur Blair

War
Love
Poetry

#487304 - 08/20/15 03:57 AM Re: A Code for Life [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

The KYBALION
  this is an amazing read.
  full of provocative ideas.
  plenty of food for thought.

"The lips of Wisdom are closed,
  except to the ears of Understanding."
~ The KYBALION

Full Text
 *  http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php
 *  https://archive.org/details/kybalionstudyofh00init
 *  http://www.gnostic.org/kybalionhtm/kybalion.htm
 *  http://www.kybalion.org/TheKybalion.pdf
 *  http://www.hermeticsource.info/uploads/4/4/9/3/4493765/thekybalion.pdf

The Seven Hermetic Principles
(according to The Kybalion)

1. The Principle of Mentalism - "THE ALL IS MIND; The Universe is Mental."

2. The Principle of Correspondence - "As above, so below; as below, so above."

3. The Principle of Vibration - "Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.”

4. The Principle of Polarity - "Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”

5. The Principle of Rhythm - "Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates."

6. The Principle of Cause and Effect - "Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law.”

7. The Principle of Gender - "Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9pY9iYb2a4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40p5RzRtR4

War
Love
Poetry

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.