Newest Members
DesertFrog, DavidM-LT, lmarsden, Raysn226, 20;1;14;5.
12773 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (42), monkeybusinessinky (29), Tom Byrnes (56), wind west (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (DavidM-LT, Strive 38/11, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12773 Members
75 Forums
65794 Topics
460194 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#482506 - 05/19/15 11:13 AM Laugh Killer Laugh: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
This movie created a very intense, unpleasant and deep reaction in me.
The title and description do not give you any warning as to the content.

I strongly advise sensitive SA Survivors to avoid this film if you are NOT secure in your recovery.
---------------------------
Laugh Killer Laugh (2015)
Director: Kamal Ahmed
Writer: Kamal Ahmed
Stars: William Forsythe, Bianca Hunter, Tom Sizemore
----------------------------

the movie is well crafted, with an incredibly intense and gritty production, but the content includes child sexual abuse and graphic violence. without giving away too much, i can tell you that the lead character is a CSA survivor with rage and revenge issues. possible triggers for survivors.

War
Love
Poetry

#482509 - 05/19/15 11:55 AM Irréversible: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

This movie created a very angry, unpleasant and deep reaction in me.
The title and description DO give you a warning as to the content, but I must double warn you that this is the most unbearably brutally graphic depiction of violent sexual assault that I have ever had the misfortune to stumble onto.
There is no discrete cutting away. Nothing is left to the imagination. The camera does not blink, and the scene is over nine minutes long. It is punishment to witness. The scene attacks your senses with unbearably hideous realism, bordering on bad taste, which i chose quickly to pause and skip through. I could not and have not watched the scene and skipping through it was so uncomfortable, and took so long, that I almost did not finish viewing the video, but I screwed my courage to the sticking place and plowed through the rest of it. Thank god the violence ended after that, but... I will never be able to unsee the little bit that I was exposed to. I blame myself for this, because the plot synopsis did mention a rape, so I knew it was in there somewhere, but there was no warning that the REALISTIC RAPE SCENE WAS ON THE SCREEN FOR NINE MINUTES! It was recommended to me as an interesting foreign art film with a unique reverse plot construction. The person, who said it was excellent, made no mention of the rape.
It is a dark, depressing, and deeply disturbing movie and I really cannot recommend it. Not a feel-good film. It is over-the-top ultra-violence and there is no happy ending. Very bleak.

I strongly advise sensitive people, especially SA Survivors, to avoid this film. Even if you are not a survivor, this rape scene could traumatize you. Not joking.
Irréversible (2002)
Director: Gaspar Noé
Writer: Gaspar Noé
Stars: Monica Bellucci, Vincent Cassel, Albert Dupontel

the movie is well crafted, perhaps too well acted, with an incredibly tense, fast-paced production, but the content includes a prolonged horrific realistic brutal ugly intense graphic violent sexual assault and a horrific gory murder. almost guaranteed triggers for anyone with human feelings.
DO NOT WATCH!

War
Love
Poetry

#483987 - 06/16/15 02:39 AM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

I strongly advise sensitive SA Survivors to avoid this film if you are NOT secure in your recovery.
Fierce People (2005)
Director: Griffin Dunne
Writer: Dirk Wittenborn
Stars: Diane Lane, Donald Sutherland, Anton Yelchin

the movie is well crafted, and seems to start out as a teen romance, but the plot suddenly includes male rape and mental cruelty. this happens without warning and the scene is very disturbing. not recommended for dates or family viewing.

War
Love
Poetry

#483989 - 06/16/15 03:55 AM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
GoodKiwi Offline

Loc: Luxembourg
I appreciate the links Victor. I’ve been looking for movies around this subject but had trouble finding any. My problem is I still can’t connect emotionally with the abuse. Despite overwhelming evidence that it happened, including flashbacks, it feels like nothing happened. My friend was visited once by the same perp, molested and scarred for life. I was visited for 6 months and feel nothing. I watched the trailer for Mystery Skin and it looked powerful so I'm hoping it might be therapeutic.

#484081 - 06/17/15 01:34 PM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
I'm not sure if this is the place for this, seems like the right thread.

I saw Madea Goes To Jail (Tyler Perry) recently. I knew about his involvement with abuse/appearing on Oprah/etc but wasn't expecting the movie to have a scene involving SA. Backstory: the character Josh took Candy to a party, where he left her alone and she was assaulted. That part isn't shown, but the two discuss it later (triggers):

C: I've been going to Ellen.
And I've really been listening to what she has to say.
And she says that if you love the Lord...
...then everything is gonna work out for good for you. Do you believe that?

J: Yeah. Yeah, I believe that.

C: I know I do because...
Josh, I gotta believe in something.

J: You can believe in me.
I know I wasn't there that night.
But I guarantee you that will never happen again.

C: Did you know that they were gonna
do that to me that night?

Did you know that they were gonna
do that to me that night?

J: No, Candy, I didn't.

C: Josh, I needed you.
You weren't there for me.
You weren't there. I screamed for you.
And you never came for me.
You left me there.

J: Candy.

C: You didn't protect me.

J: Candy, I'm sorry.
Please, forgive me.
Please.

C: I was so mad at you, Josh.
I was so angry for so long.
But, Josh...
...I forgive you.
I forgive you.
You gotta go on
and you gotta live your life.
And I gotta live mine.
I'm not gonna be a victim anymore.
I gotta change my life for me.
Now you go get married.
Be happy.
And I'm gonna try
to do the same thing.

-----

The scene made me access and feel the anger over a lack of being protected in a way that I never had felt before.

#485033 - 07/05/15 04:59 AM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: LinEar]
victor-victim Offline

Deliverance (1972)
Director: John Boorman
Writer: James Dickey
Stars: Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty

the movie is well crafted, and seems to start out as an action adventure, but the plot suddenly includes male rape and murder. this happens without warning and the scene is very disturbing. not recommended for dates or family viewing.

War
Love
Poetry

#485039 - 07/05/15 08:42 AM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: victor-victim]
Nothing Man Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
For that matter, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo also features a graphic rape scene which I found so difficult to watch.

#485169 - 07/07/15 11:06 PM Re: movies: TRIGGER WARNING [Re: Nothing Man]
victor-victim Offline

you are right, Nothing Man.
i was also a bit shocked when that rape happened in the movie. it was sudden and i was not prepared for it.
actually there was a lot of sick sexual stuff in that film.
all i knew about it was that it was popular.

my wife rented the dvd and we watched it together. when the rape and sexual exploitation and retaliation scenes took place on the screen, i did express and display some discomfort. it was unexpected. she was surprised that i was surprised because, apparently, 'everyone' had read the book and therefore knew about the 'girl with the dragon tattoo' and her struggles with the predator. unfortunately for me, i had no clue what i was in for.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.