Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445533 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432553 - 04/26/13 06:02 PM Is it time?
weharry1959 Offline

Loc: N/W Pennsylvania, USA
I recently started keeping a journal. It is a big deal for me because I am so afraid that people will find out that I was sexually abused as a kid and again when I was in the military. They say that theres some therapy in writing, it suppose to help put things into perspective. That said, I have put to paper details that I've never articulated and have come to a stark awareness.
I've done the counseling, the cognitive therapy, the talking, the crying, the anger, the fear, the wonderment. I am tired, don't want to do this any more, I wanna forget, I want to have a normal relationship with my wife, I wanna be a different person. I wanna see myself as a man. But, like knowing bitter from the sweet, I can't. I feel cornered. I hope you guys have better success. I don't know why I'm writing this, but it's done. P.S. I promised my wife I wouldn't do anything stupid, so I'm not gonna. I am so tired.

#432564 - 04/26/13 06:59 PM Re: Is it time? [Re: weharry1959]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 11:07 PM)

#432608 - 04/27/13 02:51 AM Re: Is it time? [Re: weharry1959]
Jude Online   content

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: weharry1959
I am tired, don't want to do this any more, I wanna forget, I want to have a normal relationship with my wife, I wanna be a different person. I wanna see myself as a man.

Hey harry,

Those are all valid wishes, things we all strive for. Don't give up yet man.....you've already invested alot of yourself in recovery. Keep going till you find the miracle.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#432637 - 04/27/13 01:37 PM Re: Is it time? [Re: weharry1959]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Think bivuoac. When you get tired climbing this cliff, set up camp where you are. Don't jump off. You can resume the climb whenever you are ready. I bivuoaced for four intense years of working on my professional degree. Just put it all on the shelf. The work I did with my therapist didn't disappear. It - and my past - were waiting patiently for me when I graduated, when I had more maturity, more energy, and more perspective.

And WeHarry, please. PLEASE. You promised your wife you wouldn't do anything stupid, and that's good. But it's hollow unless you make the same promise to yourself. I lost my best friend in the world because he did something stupid. If you cannot make that promise to yourself, then you can't keep it for anyone else. It's just not possible.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.