Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63549 Topics
444004 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#432858 - 04/29/13 12:04 PM Re: What is love? [Re: theIrregular]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 11:10 PM)

#432914 - 04/29/13 07:14 PM Re: What is love? [Re: bodyguard8367]
theIrregular Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: bodyguard8367
if they don't like the choices I make, there is a complaint/suggestion box at the North Pole labeled, "Shit I pay no attention to".

Luv it! I'll be sur to use that one the next time someone tries to put me down.

#432943 - 04/29/13 10:07 PM Re: What is love? [Re: theIrregular]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Dang I just erased mky post.

I will try again.

To irregular et al

First you must be true to yourself. If you try to be someone other than yourself you will get in a tangle. As Oscar Wilde said "you might as well be yourself, everybody else is already taken." God did not make you to become someone else, but to become the best potential you that you can.

What is love? you know the experience of joy when you see them welcome you. Not always, but it is true. You will do things to help them. Note I said YOU will do things, not become someone else for them. You may sacrifice to help them. This is beyond love but it is kind.

I don't think you are really asking about love. I think you are asking about the respect and honor you are culturally required to do for your parents and your ancestors. You say the culture is based on being South Asian. The Chinese and Jews also have this culture. Who knows maybe others do also. But, this is not 1950 and this is not the old world. This is 2013 and this is North America. You do what you can and you do not owe them any more. You certainly do not owe them your life. That was a gift freely given BY GOD. They don't get to take it back.

I hope this is helpful. It was a way for me to express my anger at your parents, their disrespect, manipulation, and abuse.

Just think. he was the adult, you were the child, how can you be responsible for his choices?

I felt I needed to do this without sharing my similarities, making comparisons is just not part of what we need to do. Let me just say, I understand, but my parents have been dead for more than 10 years.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.